U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 08:35 AM

8 posts, read 10,106 times

Advertisements

Is buying a house in Behrens ranch any good? My friends suggest Avery ranch and ranch at brushy creek as more happening in terms of connectivity and market value going up. What's the Behrens ranch community like? What is the chance of property value going up in Behrens ranch?

I feel that Avery ranch homes are nice but ranch at brushy creek is almost nearing 400s if we need a school under RRIsd.

Your thoughts would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 10:08 AM

8,124 posts, read 13,489,304 times
Can't help with Behrens Ranch; but be aware that much of Avery Ranch is zoned to LISD schools(roughly the section west of Whitley Bay Dr/Brookside and north of Avery Ranch Blvd).

Must be something wrong with this one...price reduction??? Looks like the closest thing to a bargain out there:
https://www.realtyaustin.com/idx/hom...l/4823910.html

I've liked what I've seen of Behrens; but it seems a bit land-locked to me. Could be I just don't understand the traffic over there.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:42 AM

2,624 posts, read 5,600,698 times
So Behren's Ranch feeds into a very highly rated Elementary school (10 on greatschools.org) within the neighborhood and a very highly rated middle school (10 on greatschools.org). I think it has always had good builders in there as well. The only downside that I can think of compared to Avery Ranch and RaBC is that it isn't as close to Parmer and you have to drive on Sam Bass or 1431 to get places. We considered buying in there a couple years ago, but there was very little inventory at the time. As far as whether or not property values will go up is anyone's guess. My goal when we moved a couple years ago, was to live in a place where I didn't have to rely on 1431 to get places because it's easily one of the most dangerous roads around along the stretch from I35 to Parmer.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:32 PM

Anyone else? I really would like more views from folks here..

Old 05-07-2015, 11:56 AM

Still waiting

Old 05-07-2015, 12:03 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,395,842 times
why do you need a school "under RRisd" ?

What do you specifically want to know about the neighborhood (that Mark & Coach Rick didn't answer) ?

Old 05-07-2015, 12:19 PM

2,624 posts, read 5,600,698 times
Yes, Behren's Ranch is a relatively small and somewhat hidden neighborhood in a residential area at the far North end of the Austin metro area. Most of the people on this site have probably never heard of it let alone actually driven through it. The only other negative that I can think of other than its location is that the land just NE of it is still owned by the quarry that is actively blasting on the North side of 1431. That land is inactive right now, but that could change in the future.

But as far as future values go in there, the great schools will keep it consistent with the surrounding neighborhoods. So, for example, I would guess that if values in Ranch at Brushy Creek go up 10% then Behren's Ranch will probably increase in a similar fashion. And if values decreased in Ranch at Brushy Creek, then Behren's Ranch probably would as well by about the same percentage. I think Avery Ranch is a slightly different animal since it has an actual Austin address. I think it can lure in more Austin area newcomers due to its address even though half of its homes (newer Dr. Horton's, etc.) are probably lesser quality homes than you would find in Behren's Ranch.

Last edited by mark311; 05-07-2015 at 12:29 PM..

Old 05-07-2015, 01:57 PM

As mark said, you can find a variety of builders in Avery Ranch with DR Horton being the only 'mass' builder in the last few years. There are also a handful of new homes in Avery and dozens that are under five years old. Might be worth noting that Avery Ranch is roughly 4x the size of Behrens with FIVE amenities centers and 5 tennis courts(including the newly formed Avery Ranch Tennis Club with a great deal of emphasis on introducing children to the game). Also, while a separate entity, the Avery Ranch Golf Course is hard to ignore...a beautiful facility adjacent to the Brushy Creek Lake Park. While you may choose to stay within your neighborhood, there are also 'ranch-wide' activities usually held at the Main Activities Center...various small festivals, fireworks on the 4th of July(usually the 3rd, actually), food truck fests...that sort of thing. With those sorts of things, Avery Ranch and its 4000 homes is really quite different from Behrens Ranch...for better or worse.

Also as mentioned, Avery Ranch is 100% inside the city limits of Austin; but it is divided between RRISD, generally to the south and east...and LISD, generally to the north of AR Blvd and west of Whitley Bay Dr.

Old 05-07-2015, 04:43 PM

700 posts, read 671,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
As mark said, you can find a variety of builders in Avery Ranch with DR Horton being the only 'mass' builder in the last few years. There are also a handful of new homes in Avery and dozens that are under five years old. Might be worth noting that Avery Ranch is roughly 4x the size of Behrens with FIVE amenities centers and 5 tennis courts(including the newly formed Avery Ranch Tennis Club with a great deal of emphasis on introducing children to the game). Also, while a separate entity, the Avery Ranch Golf Course is hard to ignore...a beautiful facility adjacent to the Brushy Creek Lake Park. While you may choose to stay within your neighborhood, there are also 'ranch-wide' activities usually held at the Main Activities Center...various small festivals, fireworks on the 4th of July(usually the 3rd, actually), food truck fests...that sort of thing. With those sorts of things, Avery Ranch and its 4000 homes is really quite different from Behrens Ranch...for better or worse.

Also as mentioned, Avery Ranch is 100% inside the city limits of Austin; but it is divided between RRISD, generally to the south and east...and LISD, generally to the north of AR Blvd and west of Whitley Bay Dr.
Hey Coach

Can you share any information on the AR tennis club. Would love to get the kiddos involved as early as possible. Who knows they may like it!

Old 05-07-2015, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCUE View Post
Hey Coach

Can you share any information on the AR tennis club. Would love to get the kiddos involved as early as possible. Who knows they may like it!
PM on the way...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin