U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-14-2015, 12:57 PM
 
198 posts, read 234,065 times
Reputation: 104

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildChicken View Post
Can I get something in Hyde Park? If I could avoid anything near 35 my dreams would come true.
There is a new build community by DR Horton called CrestView in Hyde Park that would be in your price range though the sq ft might be smaller than you want. See if you get can buy a pre-existing if one goes to market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-14-2015, 01:21 PM
 
1,509 posts, read 1,396,054 times
Reputation: 1612
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinDude360 View Post
There is a new build community by DR Horton called CrestView in Hyde Park that would be in your price range though the sq ft might be smaller than you want. See if you get can buy a pre-existing if one goes to market.
I think you may be a bit confused. No such animal exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2015, 01:28 PM
 
185 posts, read 175,871 times
Reputation: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinDude360 View Post
There is a new build community by DR Horton called CrestView in Hyde Park that would be in your price range though the sq ft might be smaller than you want. See if you get can buy a pre-existing if one goes to market.
You mean the development off N Lamar called Crestview pricing 1300sq ft - 1800 sq ft for 450-470k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2015, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Central East Austin
92 posts, read 80,522 times
Reputation: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildChicken View Post
Can I just go back to 2009 and find my perfect home in crestview/allandale.
Right? I wished I could go back to 2009 & find my perfect home in 78704 while house hunting this winter/spring! It is brutal out there...

You can find a few things in Crestview/Allandale <$400K, we toured a couple. But ultimately decided it was too far north considering our downtown job locations so turned our attention eastward. 1800sqft will be a tall order in that part of town but you might be able to find a smaller house with a good lot size that you can expand eventually without violating the McMansion ordinances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildChicken View Post
Looks like there isn't much in East Austin unless I want to live near Springdale. Not looking to Spend 400k+ to buy a dump
Turn over a couple rocks & have patience, there are still gems to be found on the East Side. They may require some TLC, same as anything for <$400K in any of the central parts of town. We bought in March near Kealing, completely rebuilt the foundation on our new/old home & replaced the hot water heater (negotiated hefty price reduction) & are now working through the cosmetic fixes. Sqft is more like 1500sqft but our lot is 9K so there's room to grow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2015, 01:31 PM
 
1,509 posts, read 1,396,054 times
Reputation: 1612
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildChicken View Post
You mean the development off N Lamar called Crestview pricing 1300sq ft - 1800 sq ft for 450-470k
Oh, you mean the one that's not in Hyde Park and not within your budgetary or size requirements?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2015, 01:49 PM
 
198 posts, read 234,065 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Tex View Post
Oh, you mean the one that's not in Hyde Park and not within your budgetary or size requirements?
lol sorry, I just drive by it today and it was saying starting at $350K...guess it's outdated lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2015, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
10,742 posts, read 10,135,285 times
Reputation: 14237
OP, you have to figure out what is the most important thing to you. Square footage? Price? Location?

I would assume location, but you did specifically want 1800 sq ft. I think a good realtor will help you out vs. just looking at the MLS. I too wouldn't want to pay $400k for a dump. You might want to check out 78745, or maybe Windsor Hills/Park (can't remember which is which). If location is the most important to you, then you'll probably have to drop the square footage requirement and make do with a sub 1500 sq ft house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2015, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Warrior Country
4,577 posts, read 5,396,826 times
Reputation: 3953
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinDude360 View Post
lol sorry, I just drive by it today and it was saying starting at $350K...guess it's outdated lol
I drove thru a little town & saw a gas sign that said 39 cents. Building was empty & the pumps didn't work though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2015, 02:11 PM
 
185 posts, read 175,871 times
Reputation: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
I drove thru a little town & saw a gas sign that said 39 cents. Building was empty & the pumps didn't work though.
Hahahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2015, 02:14 PM
 
185 posts, read 175,871 times
Reputation: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
OP, you have to figure out what is the most important thing to you. Square footage? Price? Location?

I would assume location, but you did specifically want 1800 sq ft. I think a good realtor will help you out vs. just looking at the MLS. I too wouldn't want to pay $400k for a dump. You might want to check out 78745, or maybe Windsor Hills/Park (can't remember which is which). If location is the most important to you, then you'll probably have to drop the square footage requirement and make do with a sub 1500 sq ft house.
Gonna be tough moving out of Downtown into the burbs. Top locations would be anything off Mopac, Burnet Rd south of 183 and north of the river. I have heard that the clay in south austin could cause foundation problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:02 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top