Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 04:18 PM

55 posts, read 337,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda View Post
Heh, yeah, not sure I'm the "pioneer" type. Although you never can tell I guess!

bvn99--thanks for the link! I don't suppose you could suggest any recruiters in the area that you've had good experiences with?
Hi Redpanda,
I just posted my resume on dice and monster websites and let those recruiters worked for me. Whoever give me a better bid then can submit my resume to the clients.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 10:35 PM

174 posts, read 666,525 times
We are originally from the North Shore and have worked in and are very familiar with Boston and well New England in general. We moved to Florida for two years and oh so hated it and I strongly suggest any one with any brains from NE to not even consider moving to Florida. We moved to Texas a few months ago and are presently living on an island near Corpus and although it is beautiful just does not have a strong economy or job base. We just came back from Austin and my husband and I had a strong Boston feel especially when we drove into downtown off I-35 at night. Granted Boston has alot of brownstones where as what we saw of Austin a lot of neighborhoods, especially many can be seen from the highways. As we started driving through the neighborhoods we saw trees and leaves unlike when we were in Florida. The people that we came in contact with are friendly, intelligent and competent. I don't know what tech fields are better and although my husband is in that field he isn't presently looking for a new position, we saw tech business everywhere. Dell obviously is a strong presence there but so are many other businesses like sun microsystems and many others and I heard Google was coming to downtown Austin. All predictions are that Austin will continue growing in the IT field. Jobs are scarce in MA and housing is high but from what I have seen the pay is pretty good in Austin and the housing is very cheap compared to NE.
We also found a lot of great things to do between Austin and San Antonio (about an hour away) another thing that they do is "weekend" on Padre and Mustang Island.

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin