Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2015, 11:30 PM

17 posts, read 26,434 times

Advertisements

We are already a great city. Hence I propose we don't need to:

Change diversity guidelines. We are good. Really. And gerrymander is a made-up term. GOOD for the east austin groups who are making a KILLING and getting out flush with cash. You must be racist to imply they need to remain segregated geographically and economically actually.

Change traffic. It sucks bad but its shaped us into what we are. Sometimes a deterrent is good!

Provide low income assistance. You think low income is what makes a place great? Like Detroit? St. louis? The border? Appalachia?

Stop building. No we need to build more! Much more! More expensive super nice and expensive condos, apartments, and homes.

You probably disagree with me on a lot of that, but you may want to reexamine the current herd you are running with. Sometimes its good to be the lone sheep.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:53 AM

68 posts, read 91,554 times
You're right, we don't need to change traffic. Who the heck cares if over 80 people have died on our roads this year!

Old 10-21-2015, 08:27 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,185,933 times
Traffic is other people. When I leave the house, I'm going somewhere; everyone else is the traffic. With that said, I don't understand why anyone would build a traffic problem into their lives with their housing choice. If you're in it every day twice a day, you're doing something wrong and shouldn't get to complain about it (to me).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: