Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2016, 09:14 AM

10 posts, read 13,338 times

Advertisements

I like this thread. We are looking to move as well - my partner is a Sr director in IT so we would like a lateral move..is it easy to find a management job? pls let me know what your thoughts are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 09:51 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,820,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srilatk View Post
I like this thread. We are looking to move as well - my partner is a Sr director in IT so we would like a lateral move..is it easy to find a management job? pls let me know what your thoughts are.
I'd say so, but perhaps not at the company you want. There are IT jobs all over the state, but to me Dallas and Austin will have a wider range of opportunities in a broader amount of industries to choose from. There are a lot more tech companies in Austin and Dallas in general, (North Dallas is quickly becoming a hotbed of tech consultants living around DFW airport). Houston has some very good IT positions as well, but they're typically related to the oil or medical industry, and jobs are scarce right now given the oil bust downturn in full effect now on the labor market. As someone who is very pro Houston over the other major Texas cities, I would look in North Austin or North Dallas.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:56 AM

7,228 posts, read 16,100,141 times
Quote:

It is not that easy. There are not as many senior type position in Austin as in SV/SF. You should be talking to headhunters, they are in the trenches and can give better advice.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:44 AM

10 posts, read 13,338 times
Thanks for your insights. We do not have any contacts for headhunters in the Austin area so any help on that end would be appreciated as well.
Would also like to know what Other folks in a similar position are experiencing.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:19 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,630,016 times
Quote:
Would also like to know what Other folks in a similar position are experiencing.
I am guessing they are not on City Data, though .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin