Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 01:18 PM

1,427 posts, read 1,176,886 times

Advertisements

I don't know what everyone is going on about. I just left "the 57" at 5 minutes to 10 this morning. Drove downtown to a city office, spent a few minutes there, then headed north to downtown Round Rock. Spent a few minutes in conference there. Then, south to Bergstrom and another 5 minute stop. Returned to Round Rock, stayed a few and then stopped for a sandwich. Now safely back in the bosom of the '57. So, where's the beef? I've always thought "traffic" as a problem has been highly overrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 01:35 PM

15,241 posts, read 35,440,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
I don't know what everyone is going on about. I just left "the 57" at 5 minutes to 10 this morning. Drove downtown to a city office, spent a few minutes there, then headed north to downtown Round Rock. Spent a few minutes in conference there. Then, south to Bergstrom and another 5 minute stop. Returned to Round Rock, stayed a few and then stopped for a sandwich. Now safely back in the bosom of the '57. So, where's the beef? I've always thought "traffic" as a problem has been highly overrated.
Lots of people stayed home today?

Old 03-11-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
Lots of people stayed home today?
Maybe so. Good day to run around, not that the roads are what I'd call empty (except for the toll road, which is worth every penny...)

Old 03-11-2016, 02:37 PM

6,330 posts, read 17,986,506 times
A friend of mine lives in a DT Condo. The building management has notified residents they are forbidden to go onto their balconies, which overlook Obama's motorcade route (or maybe it doesn't - could be a decoy strategy and they give these instructions to buildings multiple routes).

Would he be shot by a sniper if he steps out for a look?

Old 03-11-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-steve View Post
A friend of mine lives in a DT Condo. The building management has notified residents they are forbidden to go onto their balconies, which overlook Obama's motorcade route (or maybe it doesn't - could be a decoy strategy and they give these instructions to buildings multiple routes).

Would he be shot by a sniper if he steps out for a look?
Your friend, or the POTUS? Get real, they've got a lot to keep an eye on, a fairly hostile environment and they're asking for citizen co-operation to make things a bit easier for the various police forces involved. Sheesh, do we have to behave like a bunch of Dallasites circa 1963? It's embarrassing to our city's reputation, let's try to keep the rhetoric down to "regular crazy" levels, please.

Old 03-11-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Your friend, or the POTUS? Get real, they've got a lot to keep an eye on, a fairly hostile environment and they're asking for citizen co-operation to make things a bit easier for the various police forces involved. Sheesh, do we have to behave like a bunch of Dallasites circa 1963? It's embarrassing to our city's reputation, let's try to keep the rhetoric down to "regular crazy" levels, please.
Your fawning willingness to gleefully accept such mass disruption of our city for A FUNDRAISING visit, for a corrupt political system that people are fed up with, is as astounding to me as my comments apparently are to you.

I'm not an Obama hater, I just think this is ridiculous. He's not "visiting Austin", or paying tribute to our city. His visit is not about Austin at all. He's using us as his meeting spot for donors.

Old 03-11-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Your fawning willingness to gleefully accept such mass disruption of our city for A FUNDRAISING visit, for a corrupt political system that people are fed up with, is as astounding to me as my comments apparently are to you.

I'm not an Obama hater, I just think this is ridiculous. He's not "visiting Austin", or paying tribute to our city. His visit is not about Austin at all. He's using us as his meeting spot for donors.
Sez You. He's on the radio (KUT) right now. Why don't you give a listen rather than parrot the usual anti-government, anti-O line? Or do you know all you're going to know, already?

Old 03-11-2016, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Sez You. He's on the radio (KUT) right now. Why don't you give a listen rather than parrot the usual anti-government, anti-O line? Or do you know all you're going to know, already?
Uh, I did listen, to as much as I can stand. He is the worst interviewee ever. Can't put anything in a nutshell. Rambles on incoherently. Doesn't really say much, but repeats his non-answers. Also he insulted Texas and Texans, saying Texas "certainly won't be an early adopter on anything we're talking about". Insinuating we're a bunch of hicks or something.

All in all, like I said, ridiculous. I'd say the same if he was in the other (in name only) Party.

Old 03-11-2016, 04:23 PM

116 posts, read 361,116 times
I had a hair appointment on South Congress today at 11AM and had no trouble getting there from Cedar Park. I finished up around 1:30PM and actually drove RIGHT by the Torchy's while Obama was there! Traffic was fine, there weren't any issues at all and it only took me less than 30 minutes to get back to Cedar Park.

Old 03-11-2016, 04:27 PM

15,241 posts, read 35,440,091 times
Quote:
[...]He is the worst interviewee ever. [...]
I won't disagree that his interviews may be uninformative, but I during this campaign season, I have seen much worse .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin