Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 12:33 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourner77 View Post
Just explaining the price increase.

This thread is about someone moving AWAY from Pflugerville, and you're bitter about it for some reason and can't let it go.
I see you've revised your post. If you want to jump in here about "Pflugerville rapists" go ahead. Please note that I didn't even bring up crime statistics regarding 78744

And before you go further down the slope...no, I'm not bitter. Why should I be? Did people leaving impact the sale of my Pflugerville house last year? Does the OP leaving really make a difference? No. People move in and move out every day for whatever reason, why should I really care? I moved out of Pflugerville myself for my own set of reasons, so come on, bro. Seriously. I am not as invested as you'd like to think or take these things as personally as you'd like to believe. Seeing as I was (and still am) from the "far flung boonies" and "East of 35", I'm very used to people's potshots but that is not what I am doing in this case.

My point was that $350k, for what you're being offered, in that area is "too high". I think $400k is "too high" for the DR Horton neighborhood in Pflugerville as well. Sure people are paying it but I do wonder about resale. It has NOTHING to do with pooping on your area of town. You yourself said $350k was excessive so again, please...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 12:48 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,531,451 times
Your posts are about mostly YOU, not where you live.

Every time Austin, Leander, Cedar Park, of anything south of the river comes up, you try to shoot it down and convince people that they should want what you want, and it's old and stale.

This thread has nothing to do with Pflugerville, but in typical fashion you hijack it to tell everyone about what you have and what you like.

Old 03-16-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Your posts are about mostly YOU, not where you live.

Every time Austin, Leander, Cedar Park, of anything south of the river comes up, you try to shoot it down and convince people that they should want what you want, and it's old and stale.

This thread has nothing to do with Pflugerville, but in typical fashion you hijack it to tell everyone about what you have and what you like.
there, there, did you let it all out now? you don't have to enjoy either me or my posts. im not here for a popularity contest. it's obvious that you are taking things personally, so...

did I mention Pflugerville here other than a casual reference? Hm. No.
did I mention where I live in relation to this post? Hm. No.
did I attempt to convince him to remain in Pflugerville since I am so "bitter". No.
did I not mention that the poster should look at other areas south of the river? Hm. Yes?
is this an online forum? Yes? then I can feel how I want to feel. I'm not going to indulge the rest of your post, sorry.

btw, the DOM for my $300k+ property was 38, since you brought that up. please, just do us both a favor and give it a break. I will.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
there, there, did you let it all out now? you don't have to enjoy either me or my posts. im not here for a popularity contest. it's obvious that you are taking things personally, so...

did I mention Pflugerville here other than a casual reference? Hm. No.
did I mention where I live in relation to this post? Hm. No.
did I attempt to convince him to remain in Pflugerville since I am so "bitter". No.
did I not mention that the poster should look at other areas south of the river? Hm. Yes?
is this an online forum? Yes? then I can feel how I want to feel. I'm not going to indulge the rest of your post, sorry.

btw, the DOM for my $300k+ property was 38, since you brought that up. please, just do us both a favor and give it a break. I will.
You're a classy example of what type of neighbor one can expect in Pflugerville. Congrats.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:02 PM

15,269 posts, read 35,633,631 times
Quote:
You're a classy example of what type of neighbor one can expect in Pflugerville. Congrats.
Y'all go get your own forum and work this out, geez. Neither of you is looking like a fun neighbor at this point....

Old 03-16-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
Y'all go get your own forum and work this out, geez. Neither of you is looking like a fun neighbor at this point....
I've already asked a Mod to come in and clean this up.

btw, I live SW, so I really don't have a dog in this fight - I just don't like being antagonized.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
Aw, Trainwreck
He keeps flogging that horse.....

Old 03-16-2016, 02:50 PM

122 posts, read 95,220 times
We don't know the size of the house the OP was looking at. The price doesn't really matter as it boils down to price per sq ft. I just purchased a house in Addison that was built by AVI. The price/sq ft works out to about $125. I have been looking at Austin housing for 3 months now and in my experience that is decent when most of Austin, at least the parts I have been looking in, are running around $150/ sq ft or more. I was also able to get a 3 car garage which is almost non existent (in my experience) elsewhere in Austin.

Yeah there is not a whole lot around but I don't need a Home Depot right next door. Having to drive 10, 15, or 20 minutes does not bother me. With Addison, Easton Park, and Goodnight developments all kicking off I have no doubts that the retail will come if they continue to sell houses in these developments. We all have different needs and for me the Addison development and AVI checked off all my boxes.

As to the quality of the house. There are a lot of things and nice touches that I like. Fully energy star is great, air returns in every room, placement of outside outlets for repairmen to work on A/C units, 2x6 outside walls, etc.. Yes the outside is a bit plain but nothing that a bit of paint won't fix. Addison in general seems to have much more diversity of houses from the five builders there than other established developments I looked at.

Anyway just my 0.02 worth.

Old 03-16-2016, 04:06 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,773,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
78741's rise is similar to east Austin's - part of it is right across the river, so some people are willing to urban pioneer it because of that. 78744 is at least 25 minutes from downtown. That part of 183 can get backed up. I've been around that area. Residual increase doesn't justify a $350k price tag. Addison is great at the 200s, but even you said that $350k is too high...so please.

Also, I noticed that many of these new homes are sitting on the market for over 100 days, especially the ones over $300k. I'll be interested to see how much the resales will go for and how fast that they sell.
You're basically implying the commute to downtown is the same from every possible point in a single zip code...obviously I know you're generalizing, but it underlines the fact that you probably just don't really know since you've never lived there. I live in '44 (paid around 200k for a ~5 yr old resale) and my commute to north of downtown by UT takes me 15-20 minutes consistently. 10-12 to South Congress. And I don't get on 183 for either. For me, I'll take my area and proximity to central Austin over my in-laws' similar home by Old Settler's Park in RR; I'd rather have a slightly longer (but still reasonable) trip to the growing amenities on the Riverside corridor, the 04, and downtown than having endless box retail stores within a few minutes drive like they do. Goes to show, people want different things.

Old 03-16-2016, 04:10 PM

2,602 posts, read 2,980,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnLion512 View Post
You're basically implying the commute to downtown is the same from every possible point in a single zip code...obviously I know you're generalizing, but it underlines the fact that you probably just don't really know since you've never lived there. I live in '44 (paid around 200k for a ~5 yr old resale) and my commute to north of downtown by UT takes me 15-20 minutes consistently. 10-12 to South Congress. And I don't get on 183 for either. For me, I'll take my area and proximity to central Austin over my in-laws' similar home by Old Settler's Park in RR; I'd rather have a slightly longer (but still reasonable) trip to the growing amenities on the Riverside corridor, the 04, and downtown than having endless box retail stores within a few minutes drive like they do. Goes to show, people want different things.
"at least"

Which means 25, or more

I'm not sure I agree, but it's not generalizing to provide a _range_.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin