Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 01:47 PM

8 posts, read 37,302 times

Advertisements

Hi:

We are looking at a similar plan in both Mayfield Ranch and Ranch at brushy creek, It is priced about the same. Here are the positives for these communities that I can see:

Mayfield Ranch:

- Nearby Ikea and Outlet mall area. Would likely appriciate nicely.
- Nearby Williamson county state park with 11 soccer fields and tons of amenities.
- Nice feel when entering the community.
- The house we are getting is a corner lot and little nicer than the Brushy Creek.
- The upcoming water park at Mayfield will likely see prices appreciating in near future.
- Closer Access to I35.

Ranch at Bruch Creek:

- Nice wooded community.
- Tons of expensive homes around, so will probably keep its value and appreciate nicely.
- Home we are getting is same plan but a little smaller lot and no covered front patio.
- Little closer to work as I work at Freescale.

I appreciate your inputs on pros and cons of each communities to help me make this decision.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 03:07 PM

298 posts, read 944,981 times
I vote for Ranch at Brushy Creek. More wooded, less commute. They are both very nice and very similar communities, but the closer an area to Austin, the more it will appreciate. It may be less than 10 minutes longer to Mayfield, but that adds up in time and gas too.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:38 PM

135 posts, read 736,012 times
We just sold our house a month ago in Stone Oak, the neighborhood that is attached to Mayfield Ranch. I loved living there. The big cons though are:
1) The Stone Quarry Trucks. I have had 1 broken windshield (rock hit so hard it came though and was sitting on my dashboard) and many dings in my car. Not tp mention the 3 times I was almost driven off the road.

2) The area is growing fast. When we moved there there was no wag-a-bag, no Mayfield Ranch, no Sendero Springs, nothing (this was 8 years ago). All the growth could be good and bad. Do you mind being put out while things grow, or would you rather know what you are in for (it already be gorwn)?

Good luck on your decision.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:11 PM

153 posts, read 620,641 times
Are the school districts the same? I know both neighborhoods are split RRISD and LISD. How about their proximity to the schools or bus routes? Just something to consider...even if you don't have kids it could affect resale some.
From your wording on your list, it sounds like you like Mayfield Ranch better, in my opinion.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:37 AM

27 posts, read 163,046 times
We recently bought a house at Ranch of Brushy Creek, so obviously am biased. But am familiar with Mayfield Ranch and think its a good community. Another point about Brushy Creek is the proximity to the creek and the parks along side it. Also it seems to me like BC is close to NW Austin, town center of Cedar Park and Round rock alike. Close to Lakeline Mall and the shops around it. Not sure if Mayfield also has a gated community and expensive homes similar to BC.

But honestly my advice to you is that both communities are pretty much similar with small differences. And you should go with the house/lot that you like best. Hope this helps.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:55 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,542,882 times
OR...come on down to Avery Ranch and cut the commute even more!
Just sayin'.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:40 PM

76 posts, read 175,125 times
Default Ranch at BrushyCreek vs. canyon Creek

This seems to be elatively old thread. I also am looking at Ranch at Brushy Creek. It seems to have lots of new homes and good prices and is convinient to work. The home I am interested in falls in Round rock ISD which is Walsh Ranch middle school, Round Rock High school. The build told me that there will be new RRISD High school On parmer between Averey Ranch and 620. The Walsh Ranch middle school is relatively new. Since it is new school, it has not yet been rated. From schooling standpoint is Ranch at Brushcreek good place to live? Is it OK to buy a big estate home in this community? What are the pluses and minuses?

Thanks.

Joe

Old 06-08-2009, 08:12 PM

2,185 posts, read 6,432,372 times
I don't know how the market is up there now. But I think that the homes in RABC have seen decreases in value. The homes closer in to Austin seem to be doing better on resale. Do you work up North? If not, I would consider other areas of Austin. The schools are good up there I believe, it's just a little crowded. I don't think any big estate homes are doing well right now. People are buying more in the under 300K range.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:16 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,122,230 times
We live in RaBC and are very happy. It has a wide range of house values, the values have not dropped anymore than other communities from what I have seen. They are still building and selling a lot. The new houses are the ones on the larger lots now. You do have both Leander and Round Rock school districts in the community. We chose LISD over RRISD but I've heard good things above both from different people.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:00 AM

27 posts, read 163,046 times
Good description. Hard to get a feeling of the neighborhood without talking to neighbors and driving through of course. If new construction is any indication, seems like RABC has a lot of demand.

I think the link should be Moderator cut: real estate link

Last edited by RaleighLass; 07-30-2010 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: Per TOS, share real estate links via Direct Message only
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin