Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 02:23 PM

389 posts, read 422,191 times

Advertisements

We moved here from the Sacramento area last year. There is really no area of Cedar Park that I have felt unsafe. In fact in the rental neighborhood we just moved from, my daughter often left her scooter and bike on the front porch. We would have NEVER done that where we lived in Ca, and we lived in one of the safest neighborhoods in the area.

That said, there is crime everywhere, and yes there have been a couple of assaults recently, but coming from San Jose, I think you will find Cedar Park much safer. Just use common sense. I could live out in the complete boonies, and I would still always lock my door at night. I am always observant and aware if I'm out at night, etc. Just common sense stuff. Every horror movie has the psycho going for the easiest target, so I choose to play it safe no matter where I live.

Good luck with your move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 10:02 AM
JH6

1,435 posts, read 3,217,522 times
i have never felt unsafe in Cedar Park. The police do an outstanding job and are very no nonsense.

I lived there for a couple years, and we never had a problem.

Old 04-23-2016, 06:39 PM

151 posts, read 238,586 times
Cedar Park and the zip code 78613 have over 70,000 residents; there is going to be some crime when that many people are living in some defined borders that do not have any natural borders, such as a lake, river, creek or stream.

To consider Cedar Park as having unsafe areas because there is some activity is misleading, and most of the crimes are happening in and around commercial areas, with the residential showing green throughout. Isolated incidences do not dictate there is a problem with the community, but a problem with the person committing the crimes, and as some pointed out, could have came in from surrounding communities because they believe the citizens of Cedar Park are easier targets.

Old 04-24-2016, 02:28 AM

847 posts, read 766,748 times
the real estate websites crime heat maps sucks big time.
I have used it in multiple cities. they just don't add the right coefficient to safety and they cant account for density very well.

there is a big difference between a car being jacked in front of my house. and a car being jacked at 2 AM in front of a bar. there is a difference between bank robbery and gas station robbery.

the technology of crime heat maps are just infancy and are simply a joke.

Old 04-24-2016, 08:52 AM

102 posts, read 129,462 times
I live in the Cedar Park Town Center neighborhood and love it. It feels very, very safe here.

Old 04-24-2016, 12:28 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,548,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powered_by_Espresso View Post
I live in the Cedar Park Town Center neighborhood and love it. It feels very, very safe here.
Not quite the same with this fresh on everyone's mind...

Cedar Park woman wakes up to man trying to sexually assault her | KXAN.com

I know it's a one-off; but folks need to be on alert with all the extra(construction) traffic in the 'hood.

Old 04-24-2016, 05:19 PM

895 posts, read 1,239,938 times
I had just typed out a long list of sexual assaults, assaults, armed robberies, burglaries, murders, shootings, stabbings and other crime for every suburb (didn't even bother with Austin way too many)- and included the link for all of them.. And accidentally hit the back button on my phone erasing everything I wrote. No way I'm going back and doing that again. However, it was unbelievable the amount of things that I found in plfugerville, round rock, marble falls, and so on. So I guess people don't find those areas safe either? Give me a break. Lock your damn doors no matter where you at- these are extremely isolated incidents that don't take place often but it's not like you can predict when a criminal will venture into town and prey on people.

Old 04-24-2016, 06:20 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,955,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post

I know it's a one-off; but folks need to be on alert with all the extra(construction) traffic in the 'hood.
It's actually not a one-off. There have been at least two others since the first of the year and more last fall and at least some of them appear to be the work of the same person.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:01 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,548,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Tex View Post
It's actually not a one-off. There have been at least two others since the first of the year and more last fall and at least some of them appear to be the work of the same person.
I'm not aware of recent home invasions like this one. I am aware of two attacks on women out running. All in all, not a good situation.

Old 04-25-2016, 06:03 AM

102 posts, read 129,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post

Of course, any time there are people there are issues. But, I've lived in urban Los Angeles and urban Seattle and thus this area is insanely safe to me. As a woman I know that I need to be on alert everywhere, sadly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin