Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 12:28 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,387,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I find it interesting that that area by Old Settlers is eligible. While there are tracts of country, for the most part that area is building up at a rapid rate. It is completely surrounded by "ineligible" areas. I live off 79, and my area is both suburban (close to amenities) and country (huge tracts of woods/land, which is a good thing).
The determination, as I understand it, is what it was as of the last census (except for entire towns like Taylor where agricultural is a large part of the town industry). That explains why lots of subdivisions qualify - they were farm or ranch land at the time of the last census.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 06:29 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,409,499 times
I got my loan on my home through USDA which I just purchased last month in Kyle. USDA is offered in Kyle, Buda, Leander, Hutto, Manor, Taylor, Elgin, and Liberty Hill.

You do have to make under a certain income. For a family of four, the household income had to be under $71,000. I had to buy this year, or else I would be earning over the maximum income limit by August. I like it a lot. I got a lower interest rate and have a lower mortgage putting nothing down vs putting 5% down with an FHA. My mortgage on my 195k home is $1,430 a month vs the $1,720 it would have been going through FHA.

I would highly recommend it. Also, it isn't only offered on new homes. Mine was built in 2000 and I was able to use USDA.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:41 AM

90 posts, read 101,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
I got my loan on my home through USDA which I just purchased last month in Kyle. USDA is offered in Kyle, Buda, Leander, Hutto, Manor, Taylor, Elgin, and Liberty Hill.

You do have to make under a certain income. For a family of four, the household income had to be under $71,000. I had to buy this year, or else I would be earning over the maximum income limit by August. I like it a lot. I got a lower interest rate and have a lower mortgage putting nothing down vs putting 5% down with an FHA. My mortgage on my 195k home is $1,430 a month vs the $1,720 it would have been going through FHA.

I would highly recommend it. Also, it isn't only offered on new homes. Mine was built in 2000 and I was able to use USDA.
What was your process.. any money up front or tail end just to get keys. I talk to a few brokers but all they care about is what i can put down the moment and not help me make the right choices.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:02 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,954,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagget1234 View Post
What was your process.. any money up front or tail end just to get keys. I talk to a few brokers but all they care about is what i can put down the moment and not help me make the right choices.
I guess you forgot which ID you used to post the original question. It is Against City Data's TOS to have more than one user name.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Tex View Post
I guess you forgot which ID you used to post the original question. It is Against City Data's TOS to have more than one user name.
i guess you cant figure out how to stop hijacking threads with your non-sense. or your just trolling. Has the other ID been used since this converation. No. Is it going to be use. .NO. was register as a mistake with the forums register system. So till then grow up and let us real adults have a conversation..

Old 06-06-2016, 12:25 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,778,942 times
Quote:
i guess you cant figure out how to stop hijacking threads with your non-sense. or your just trolling. Has the other ID been used since this converation. No. Is it going to be use. .NO. was register as a mistake with the forums register system.......

A-Tex nailed it !

Old 06-06-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post

A-Tex nailed it !

Old 06-06-2016, 01:36 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,954,849 times
Quote:
i guess you cant figure out how to stop hijacking threads with your non-sense. or your just trolling. Has the other ID been used since this converation. No. Is it going to be use. .NO. was register as a mistake with the forums register system. So till then grow up and let us real adults have a conversation..

The only troll here is you. I'm sure it was a mistake to create an ID in order to defend your other ID like you did on this thread: money need to make to live here map

I've got to give you an award for consistency with the spelling in that trite gif.

Old 06-06-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Tex View Post
The only troll here is you. I'm sure it was a mistake to create an ID in order to defend your other ID like you did on this thread: money need to make to live here map

I've got to give you an award for consistency with the spelling in that trite gif.
u just cant let it go can you.. u seriously need a hobby other than trolling on other people thread without contributing to the conversation.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:19 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,409,499 times
Quote:
Of course you need your $1,000 in earnest money and whatever the cost of all of your inspections are, (appx. $600 for me). Aside from that, I paid $0 down and got $800 back on closing, (from the earnest money).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin