Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 12:13 PM

2,602 posts, read 2,976,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksvillemom View Post
And I have no doubt it will make traffic worse.
Compared to what?

Compared to just leaving it as an empty field? Undoubtedly, but that was never an option on the table.

Compared to developing it as a standard development, and having the developer make no road improvements, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 04:06 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,524,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacek View Post
Compared to what?

Compared to just leaving it as an empty field? Undoubtedly, but that was never an option on the table.

Compared to developing it as a standard development, and having the developer make no road improvements, no.
Seems it's been an empty field for decades...could be that way for a few more, I reckon.(Not that anyone will make any money that way

Old 06-14-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Seems it's been an empty field for decades...could be that way for a few more, I reckon.(Not that anyone will make any money that way
If someone wanted it to stay an empty field, then they should have ponied up the $75M or so to buy it. Say the BCRC, for instance.

The state put it up for sale. It was bought for development. At that point, the only choice is between a mixed use PUD and normal housing development.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:31 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,862,628 times
This is a great infill development.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:21 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,524,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
This is a great infill development.
I think the jury is still out on that. All sorts of things could go wrong, not to mention the disruption to the surrounding area for 2-3 years of construction.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:21 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,563,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
As it is, it's overgrown to the point that it's wasted space in a part of town where there's a desperate need for both parks and housing. It's too bad it couldn't be developed into a park.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:01 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,371,795 times
I am looking forward to them building this, as proposed.

I will buy a house in there, assuming I can afford it.

Old 06-15-2016, 01:24 PM

668 posts, read 781,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartGXL View Post
I am looking forward to them building this, as proposed.

I will buy a house in there, assuming I can afford it.
I would, too. We can be neighbors! I'm not sure I can afford it, though I would be willing to sacrifice some in size for that proximity to my husband's work. I could probably swallow a much higher mortgage in order to see my spouse an extra 1-2 hours a day. Also not sure which schools in AISD this area would track to. Anyone know?

Let's indulge in some speculative fiction--what would you all guess they will price SFHs at? The prices in Mueller rapidly got crazy, as have the ones in the dev St John's/Lamar area. Those never appealed to me as I did not want to live over a "remediated" chemical dump site.

Old 06-15-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eirenecat View Post
I would, too. We can be neighbors! I'm not sure I can afford it, though I would be willing to sacrifice some in size for that proximity to my husband's work. I could probably swallow a much higher mortgage in order to see my spouse an extra 1-2 hours a day. Also not sure which schools in AISD this area would track to. Anyone know?

Let's indulge in some speculative fiction--what would you all guess they will price SFHs at? The prices in Mueller rapidly got crazy, as have the ones in the dev St John's/Lamar area. Those never appealed to me as I did not want to live over a "remediated" chemical dump site.
SFHs, probably 500k.

Less for row houses and other denser options.

Old 06-15-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eirenecat View Post
At least with current maps it would be Austin High, O Henry middle, and I think Bryker Woods Elementary.

http://move-to-austin.com/wp-content...ationFocus.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin