Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 08:44 PM

157 posts, read 266,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbracing33b View Post
I have been told that I was hired for a position than a day later not get the position
Quote:
I have had recruiters with hold my resume and not submit me for a position
Quote:
I had another recruiter tell me that they were hiring from within, only to get multiple calls from different organizations telling me that they didn't hire any one and then had another agency submit my resume there for a position that was supposedly already filled
Quote:
I have actually had a recruiter tell me that I wasn't qualified for a position, which I clearly was to a T literally

There's definitely a pattern here. The only possible explanation is due to the wide-spread lack of ethical Austin recruiters city-wide.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:05 PM

224 posts, read 297,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
This is not unique to Austin. You just described things that happen within companies everywhere.
No it doesn't happen everywhere just to let you know, I never experienced unethical issues with temporary agencies until I moved here, that's why I brought it up. I am being sincerely honest too.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:31 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by je4xff View Post
There's definitely a pattern here. The only possible explanation is due to the wide-spread lack of ethical Austin recruiters city-wide.
Right. The OP is assuming that the only common denominator is Austin, while ignoring that the other common denominator which is him.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:42 PM

124 posts, read 121,978 times
I am from a small town and I would have to agree with the op, I didn't really notice the unethical issues til I moved here. I too have seen those same issues here and from my hometown I really never noticed those things happening.

To me it seems like the bigger a city becomes the more corrupt it becomes, whether intentional or unintentional.

Just my two cents.

Old 08-21-2016, 09:00 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,890,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyschic View Post
I am from a small town and I would have to agree with the op, I didn't really notice the unethical issues til I moved here. I too have seen those same issues here and from my hometown I really never noticed those things happening.

To me it seems like the bigger a city becomes the more corrupt it becomes, whether intentional or unintentional.

Just my two cents.
I haven't noticed anything corrupt here. If anything this place is "clean" compared to where I'm from, Louisiana. You had to grease the palms in Louisiana for any job you wanted to get. Nepotism rules there. It's one of the main reasons I left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin