Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2016, 03:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,144 times

Advertisements

Hello, my wife and I are considering purchasing a home in Davis Spring, and we’d very much like to get your opinions. The neighborhood looks great, but the home is on Galena – backing on Parmer and directly across from the stadium. For those of you that live in a similar home, should I be worried about that location? Specifically, I’m worried about the noise from Parmer and potentially from the stadium for games, band practices, etc. What are your thoughts & observations? Does it get on your nerves? Will we be disturbed by traffic late at night and early in the morning? Any other guidance? Thanks very much in advance!

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 04:03 PM

12,870 posts, read 13,183,986 times
Yes, it'll be noisy on Thursday & Friday nights during football season - or so a complaint that was voiced a couple of years ago said. The games should be over by 10:30pm, but I don't know when they turn the stadium lights off. At least you won't have any neighbors back there to contend with.

We live over in Brushy Creek.

Old 08-12-2016, 04:07 PM

74 posts, read 122,345 times
You better like football! I live in Avery Ranch East of Parmer and I can hear the games clear as day on Friday nights.

Old 08-12-2016, 04:15 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,457,623 times
Plenty of noise from the stadium during events, of course; but they usually shut down by the time the late TV shows are over!

The traffic ain't goin' anywhere; so that may be more of a concern...a tiny bit less on Parmer(maybe); but now more on Neenah since the connection was made to Great Oaks. I doubt it would interfere with everyday life(unless there is a light-sleeping baby in the house); but there will certainly be a constant noise of the traffic on Parmer, especially during rush hours.

On the other hand, folks have lived along there since the '90s and I've never noticed any homes staying on the market because of the proximity to Parmer and The Palace. There are mature trees along there to help buffer the noise; but it may come down to the sound insulating quality of your windows and such, especially in rooms on the back of the house.

Good luck with your decision!!!

Old 08-14-2016, 04:31 PM

26 posts, read 39,534 times
Davis Springs is a lovely neighborhood, however, you should avoid any home that backs to a major thoroughfare like Parmer. Hunter's Chase, Northwood, and Rattan Creek are a little bit further south, and Avery Ranch and Brushy Creek are a little further north, so you can easily avoid backing to Parmer if you can't find a place in Davis Springs.

Old 08-15-2016, 10:21 AM

145 posts, read 172,249 times
You will face a challenge reselling it except in a blazing hot market when customers have no other choices. Bet accordingly

Old 08-15-2016, 01:56 PM

12,870 posts, read 13,183,986 times
Unless the prospective buyers' kids play football for a RRISD high school.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:41 AM

668 posts, read 777,392 times
2 years ago we looked at a lovely house in Davis Spring with an awesome pool and landscaped backyard. It was very tempting, but it also backed to Parmer. I could hear LOTS of traffic noise from the second story game room in the middle of the day, and we decided the overall noise wasn't worth it. I wouldn't buy any house anywhere backing to a major road, to be honest.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:38 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,457,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirenecat View Post
2 years ago we looked at a lovely house in Davis Spring with an awesome pool and landscaped backyard. It was very tempting, but it also backed to Parmer. I could hear LOTS of traffic noise from the second story game room in the middle of the day, and we decided the overall noise wasn't worth it. I wouldn't buy any house anywhere backing to a major road, to be honest.

The ear of the beholder, I reckon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmEXbTHQwSw

There are plenty of folks from DC, NYC, SF, Boston who would welcome ONLY one road within earshot! I would be like living in a country club to many transplants! (Not that I would choose it...unless the noise was seriously outweighed by positives I couldn't find elsewhere...or the price was super-low).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: