Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 05:04 PM

140 posts, read 139,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Sorry, she's the only one who is NOT breaking the law. It is our governor and ICE who want her to ignore the law for their benefit. Several Supreme Court (you know, the highest FEDERAL court in the land) decisions over three different centuries back her up. That pesky due process, you know.
Oh right. ICE has everything to gain from ILLEGAL immigrants pushing up the crime rates . Have you ever even had to live in the parts of town effected by it? I got my house there broken into twice, in the same month, by the same scumbag when i lived off Manchac. But did I get due process when he finally got caught with a house full of stolen goods? No. Because he wasn't even a registered legal citizen so he just got deported, after breaking into dozens of houses, all because they weren't considered violent offenses. If you ask me he got the upper hand by a long shot but I guess that's you and your sheriffs idea of justice. Just give me your address and i can come steal your personal possessions. I'd love to see how youd react, especially if i got off the hook because of "that pesky due process"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 08:38 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,298,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robcat33 View Post
Oh right. ICE has everything to gain from ILLEGAL immigrants pushing up the crime rates . Have you ever even had to live in the parts of town effected by it? I got my house there broken into twice, in the same month, by the same scumbag when i lived off Manchac. But did I get due process when he finally got caught with a house full of stolen goods? No. Because he wasn't even a registered legal citizen so he just got deported, after breaking into dozens of houses, all because they weren't considered violent offenses. If you ask me he got the upper hand by a long shot but I guess that's you and your sheriffs idea of justice. Just give me your address and i can come steal your personal possessions. I'd love to see how youd react, especially if i got off the hook because of "that pesky due process"
I had my house in Barton Hills broken into twice. I was in an auto accident where the other party did not have insurance and was most likely here illegally. That is all irrelevant and does not change the fact that ICE wanted the sheriff to violate due process and she was holding to the letter of the law and the Constitution (as determined by the Supreme Court on multiple occasions - I actually researched it and there were three cases in three different centuries addressing this) . All they (ICE) had to do was to follow the law and get a judge to give them a warrant for anyone they wanted her to hold. Without that warrant, if the party, documented or not, went before a judge and was issued bail and paid it, the sheriff would be in violation of the law to hold them. As I said, it wasn't the sheriff who was playing fast and loose with the law; she stated that if ICE gave her a warrant, she would hold whoever they wanted her to hold, as that would be within the law.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:52 AM

1,073 posts, read 2,089,621 times
Quote:
Just don't expect much help from the police. Sheriff Hernandez looks the other way from the direction Austin is really going. And why wouldn't she. She has broken federal law to allow Austin to shelter the very criminals stealing your mail and hacking your accounts. Sorry, the truth is never politically correct

How are you going to make a SWEEPING generalization about the ethnicity of the perpetrators? Someone here posted a link to a picture of one of the thieves breaking into a mailbox, and he sure looked Caucasian to me.

Unless you witnessed every.single.break.in, your claims are baseless. Racist, much?

Old 10-09-2017, 01:54 PM

2,602 posts, read 2,972,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
That is all irrelevant and does not change the fact that ICE wanted the sheriff to violate due process and she was holding to the letter of the law and the Constitution (as determined by the Supreme Court on multiple occasions - I actually researched it and there were three cases in three different centuries addressing this) . All they (ICE) had to do was to follow the law and get a judge to give them a warrant for anyone they wanted her to hold. Without that warrant, if the party, documented or not, went before a judge and was issued bail and paid it, the sheriff would be in violation of the law to hold them. As I said, it wasn't the sheriff who was playing fast and loose with the law; she stated that if ICE gave her a warrant, she would hold whoever they wanted her to hold, as that would be within the law.
Unless of course it was one of X crimes, in which case she was perfectly happy to "violate the law" and hold them.

She was trying to have her cake and eat it too. If detainer requests are unconstitutional, then they're also unconstitutional and illegal when the suspect has committed "kidnapping or child abuse". It can't be both ways

In ‘sanctuary’ spat, Travis sheriff likely to hold more in

Old 10-10-2017, 05:52 PM

12,917 posts, read 13,254,089 times
Mailboxes, people.... mailboxes.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.JT View Post
How are you going to make a SWEEPING generalization about the ethnicity of the perpetrators? Someone here posted a link to a picture of one of the thieves breaking into a mailbox, and he sure looked Caucasian to me.

Unless you witnessed every.single.break.in, your claims are baseless. Racist, much?
Refusing to distinguish a racist from someone who cares about national security? Thats typical, you have a lot of company in this country. If im going to prosecuted for a crime like he committed then he should be too. Got nothing to do with him being hispanic, as much youd like it to be. Even all the MS-13 trash that theyre rounding up on the east coast are just getting sent back south, only to come back here a few months later and continue ruining everyones lives. Even my hometown of Lockhart has become a cockroach parlor because of the mexican mafia and its cronies, one of which is the county sheriff himself. What you dont get is that the reason we have, or atleast had, things so much more secure here is because of our laws and they're getting stomped out by people like you who choose to be PC about it and look the other way. Want to wait around until its the norm to have your daughter kidnapped and thrown on backpage? I sure don't. The problem with the liberal philosophy is that caters around ignoring real problems until they are unsolvable and that mam is a problem for me

Old 10-11-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Refusing to distinguish a racist from someone who cares about national security? Thats typical, you have a lot of company in this country. If im going to prosecuted for a crime like he committed then he should be too. Got nothing to do with him being hispanic, as much youd like it to be. Even all the MS-13 trash that theyre rounding up on the east coast are just getting sent back south, only to come back here a few months later and continue ruining everyones lives. Even my hometown of Lockhart has become a cockroach parlor because of the mexican mafia and its cronies, one of which is the county sheriff himself. What you dont get is that the reason we have, or atleast had, things so much more secure here is because of our laws and they're getting stomped out by people like you who choose to be PC about it and look the other way. Want to wait around until its the norm to have your daughter kidnapped and thrown on backpage? I sure don't. The problem with the liberal philosophy is that caters around ignoring real problems until they are unsolvable and that mam is a problem for me
WTH, dude. You are WAY over the top. The fact still remains...you made a sweeping generalization. And I repeat - the picture posted of the mailbox thief looked VERY much like a Caucasian man. This has nothing to do with being "PC." It's about be factual. You made a misstatement, dude. Own it.

FURTHERmore, you are the one quoted as saying, "Don't buy into the 'us vs them'...aside from Native Americans, everybody came from somewhere else." Hypocrite, much?

Don't be so bitter. It's going to be okay. *Pat on your head*

Old 10-11-2017, 12:08 PM

And LOL at all of the following:

Quote:
Even my hometown of Lockhart has become a cockroach parlor because of the mexican mafia and its cronies, one of which is the county sheriff himself.
OVER THE TOP

Quote:
What you dont get is that the reason we have, or atleast had, things so much more secure here is because of our laws and they're getting stomped out by people like you
Believe me, you have no idea what I get or "don't get." You clearly are not in a position to determine that.

Quote:
Want to wait around until its the norm to have your daughter kidnapped and thrown on backpage? I sure don't.
TRUST...this will never happen. Stop being so dang dramatic.

Old 11-07-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
WTH, dude. You are WAY over the top. The fact still remains...you made a sweeping generalization. And I repeat - the picture posted of the mailbox thief looked VERY much like a Caucasian man. This has nothing to do with being "PC." It's about be factual. You made a misstatement, dude. Own it.

FURTHERmore, you are the one quoted as saying, "Don't buy into the 'us vs them'...aside from Native Americans, everybody came from somewhere else." Hypocrite, much?

Don't be so bitter. It's going to be okay. *Pat on your head*
Oh and where do you think all the drugs are coming from that fuel these idiots that steal your mail? Canada? Its NOT a hispanic problem. It IS a security problem. Before i took up welding I was a directional driller for 6 years and worked with a world of mexicans who came here to escape the violence. The difference? THEY came here LEGALLY. THEY paid their TAXES. You know....that money that keeps the wheels spinning? And they didnt commit CRIMES either, unlike the ones your sheriff throws a blanket on. Sorry friend but security is what kept this country better than all the other ones, atleast at one time. So no sir, i don't have to be okay that my home state is turning into a third world cesspool. I saw that writing on the wall long before that "citizen" got away with stealing everybody's hard earned valuables. Wanna look the other way and put the race card on the table? Go for it but don't label me a bigot because I care. Being an american still means something to some of us

Old 11-07-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
And LOL at all of the following:

OVER THE TOP

Believe me, you have no idea what I get or "don't get." You clearly are not in a position to determine that.

TRUST...this will never happen. Stop being so dang dramatic.
Wow, apparently you know my hometown even better than me. Perhaps you've lived a privileged lifestyle where you never had to face these issues? World of those Austin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin