Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 09:53 PM

8 posts, read 17,499 times

Advertisements

Hi Austin local folks,
Is anybody aware of public sauna/hamam in Austin or suburbs? We really missed this kind of health treat when we moved out of California, and people over here seems don't how great it is...
What I could only find here - some sauna-boxes 3x3 feet with no shower etc. Which is definitely not what I'd like to visit.

If you heard about any - please share, I'll really appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 06:53 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,880,864 times
Can you please show a link to a picture of what you are talking about? I've never seen a sauna (dry heat) with a shower. Steam room, yes, but not sauna...

Old 12-05-2016, 09:45 AM

Oh, I was probably wrong in my description

What I mean - here in Austin there are many places where you come in and get access to the tiny cubicle with electric oven inside. After the period of time you paid for - you are on your own. Sometimes they give you wet napkins lol

What I'm looking for - is a Facility. Ideally it has one or too sauna/hamam rooms for more that 4 people, as well as it has another room (usually large enough) where you have many shower cabins, one or two pools etc, and you have a room where you can get rest and drink some beverage.

These kind of facilities are pretty common in the middle East, in Eastern Europe and Japan.

The ideal one, which is probably the best experience for me - Tokyo Odaiba Onsen (just in case somebody is interested in it):
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...ure_Kanto.html

Old 12-05-2016, 09:47 AM

Here is what Korean locals organized in Santa Clara CA, this is very close to what I'm talking about:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/lawrence-he...pa-santa-clara

Old 12-05-2016, 10:56 AM

7,228 posts, read 16,095,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grebennikov View Post
Here is what Korean locals organized in Santa Clara CA, this is very close to what I'm talking about:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/lawrence-he...pa-santa-clara

These are most common on the east coast, NY/NJ especially, and on the west coast. I would bet Houston would have one because Houston has everything. I don't know of any in central Texas that are open to the public.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:53 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
You won't find that here. Just like you won't find good Pizza.

Old 12-05-2016, 01:03 PM

7,228 posts, read 16,095,392 times
What you want is King Spa in Dallas!

Houston doesn't have one but Dallas does.
Lessons Learned From an Overnight Spa Visit | Houston Press

Old 12-05-2016, 01:34 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,880,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grebennikov View Post
Hi Austin local folks,
Is anybody aware of public sauna/hamam in Austin or suburbs? We really missed this kind of health treat when we moved out of California, and people over here seems don't how great it is...
What I could only find here - some sauna-boxes 3x3 feet with no shower etc. Which is definitely not what I'd like to visit.

If you heard about any - please share, I'll really appreciate it!
Is this nude or clothed? Same sexed or co-ed?

Old 12-05-2016, 05:07 PM

182 posts, read 694,016 times
That's what you are looking for, in Dallas though Russian Banya of Dallas

Old 12-07-2016, 09:52 AM

Yes sir! This is Exactly what I'm looking for, but in Austin

Seems have to drive 4 hours to get it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin