Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 11:22 PM

997 posts, read 1,311,653 times

Advertisements

Noticed this week they aren't on and the station and format sounds completely different. I think?

Dale Dudley is still on the afternoon so wonder if I missed something or perhaps they are on vacation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 07:23 AM

319 posts, read 346,027 times
NewsRadio 590 adds 1 show, drops another | TV & Radio

Old 03-23-2017, 10:41 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,469,243 times
The should have axed Dudleys show.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:51 AM

6,333 posts, read 18,049,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
The should have axed Dudleys show.
I listened to Dudley and Bob a lot in the late 1980s and early 1990s on 93.7FM when I was young.

I've caught him on his 2PM AM slot now and then. He just sounds like a fish out of water, no real groove, cadence or clear bedrock underpinning his rants. He's all over the map.

I do like Jeff Ward because he's the opposite of that. He's generally pretty consistent in how he frames things and thinks them through from a mostly Libertarian mindset.

I'm kind of hoping Dale gets his groove though. He's too old to be an FM (semi) shock jock. I think he wants to become more of a serious thought leader with provoking insights, but it just seems like a swing and a miss thus far.

The Todd and Don show is, to me, just a clown act. Can't stand listening to those idiots so I just don't. They should be dropped. Their show is an embarrassment to Austin and to Texas.

Just my opinions, I could be wrong.

Steve

Old 03-23-2017, 01:52 PM

2,007 posts, read 2,903,046 times
I'm as liberal as they come but sometimes listen to KLBJ to hear what the other side is saying. Agree that Tod and Don are just awful. I like Jeff Ward. He seems balanced. I even used to like the old Sgt. Sam/Mark/Clements show because at least there was diversity of opinion. Unlike Todd and Don who are basically the same, idiotic person.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:45 PM

997 posts, read 1,311,653 times
Suppose I can agree about the Todd & Don show in retrospect. I'm bombarded with serious news all day so it was just something different. Definitely don't care for the new Kilmeade show.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:42 AM

37 posts, read 43,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksvillemom View Post
Unlike Todd and Don who are basically the same, idiotic person.
They were funny for about a month, and then yes, you realize they are essentially the same idiot.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:19 AM

6,333 posts, read 18,049,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscro View Post
They were funny for about a month, and then yes, you realize they are essentially the same idiot.
Maybe they'll find this thread and start talking about it on air, and how much they are NOT idiots, and how the "internet" is just stupid, and whether Al Gore really invented it or not.

I mainly now just listen to XM radio - Bloomberg News, 70s on 7, BBC, and some of the Comedy channels while driving. Can't stand listening to biased commentary that much anymore, unless it's someone like Jeff Ward who happily insults everyone, which delights me, because, to me, it's all a big clown show now.

Steve

Old 03-24-2017, 11:37 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,469,243 times
Jeff Ward drives me insane. He goes on and on and on about the same thing and talks like he is better than anyone who doesn't think like him.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:51 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,954,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-steve View Post
I listened to Dudley and Bob a lot in the late 1980s and early 1990s on 93.7FM when I was young.

I've caught him on his 2PM AM slot now and then. He just sounds like a fish out of water, no real groove, cadence or clear bedrock underpinning his rants. He's all over the map.

I do like Jeff Ward because he's the opposite of that. He's generally pretty consistent in how he frames things and thinks them through from a mostly Libertarian mindset.

I'm kind of hoping Dale gets his groove though. He's too old to be an FM (semi) shock jock. I think he wants to become more of a serious thought leader with provoking insights, but it just seems like a swing and a miss thus far.

The Todd and Don show is, to me, just a clown act. Can't stand listening to those idiots so I just don't. They should be dropped. Their show is an embarrassment to Austin and to Texas.

Just my opinions, I could be wrong.

Steve
Agreed. Todd and Don are a waste of airtime. And although I think there's room on that station for opposing viewpoints, I think doing that show isn't good for Dale Dudley's mental health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin