Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2018, 12:47 PM

80 posts, read 163,693 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone.

A while back I wrote here about this and, unfortunately, the info I was provided here was limited and got me nowhere. So, here I go again and hopefully I get different results;
We, my brothers and me bought a piece of land in Del Valle a while back, about a mile away from that surfing and waterpark center. Size is approximately 15 acres.
Now, we need to divide the land lot in 5 equal parts and have it ready for, either building something on it or a mobile unit in each lot.
We do not know how to go about it, nor do we know anyone that could help us, as we do not reside in the area.
It will be greatly appreciated if anyone could provide us with some info as to how to begin the process and/or whom to contact. Maybe some realtor members could help us here.
Anyway, thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and I apologize for my limited writing skills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 02:52 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,694,168 times
You should call a surveyor so they can go out and measure the property, find out all the boundaries, and then work with you on where you want to split each one up, as he would know the sizes of the splits. You then go to a title company and tell them you need to subdivide the land, and they would need the measurements of the split, possibly metes and bounds. You will also probably need to contact the county for an address for each lot, as it currently has 1 address.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:55 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,561,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
You should call a surveyor so they can go out and measure the property, find out all the boundaries, and then work with you on where you want to split each one up, as he would know the sizes of the splits. You then go to a title company and tell them you need to subdivide the land, and they would need the measurements of the split, possibly metes and bounds. You will also probably need to contact the county for an address for each lot, as it currently has 1 address.
Yep!

You might have to petition for rezoning, dependent upon the original zoning as well, but it's usually not difficult to subdivide large parcels like that.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
Thank you for your and RoamingTX advises. I will contact a surveyor and hopefully he will be able to help us. Abusing of your kindness, do you happen to know personally a surveyor that you could recommend?
Thanks again for writing back.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:51 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,694,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro9 View Post
Thank you for your and RoamingTX advises. I will contact a surveyor and hopefully he will be able to help us. Abusing of your kindness, do you happen to know personally a surveyor that you could recommend?
Thanks again for writing back.
In our market, the title companies order the surveys when one is not provided by a seller, so I would call whatever title company it was that you worked with when you bought the property.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:18 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,030,602 times
big red dog might be overkill but they do subdivisions.

Ultimately you just need a need a new plat and to record it with the county. If you are in the COA it would be ridiculously hard.

Old 01-17-2018, 03:17 AM

16,787 posts, read 48,814,423 times
Excellent local firm, they can help you with every aspect of subdividing the land: Site Specifics

Quote:
Site Specifics is a Professional Planning and Land Development consultation firm in Austin Texas, with 29 years of experience in the field of Land Planning and Development Code Compliance.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Excellent local firm, they can help you with every aspect of subdividing the land: Site Specifics
Thanks to all for your opinion and guidance.
I hope we could get this done and hopefully, it won't cost something we won't be able to pay.
We may decide to sell if things don't go our way.
Thanks again and I will keep you posted as to how did it go.
By the way, does any realtor have any idea how much do the prices have moved from 5 years back to the present? Just to have that in mind.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:43 AM

7,742 posts, read 15,030,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro9 View Post
Thanks to all for your opinion and guidance.
I hope we could get this done and hopefully, it won't cost something we won't be able to pay.
We may decide to sell if things don't go our way.
Thanks again and I will keep you posted as to how did it go.
By the way, does any realtor have any idea how much do the prices have moved from 5 years back to the present? Just to have that in mind.
dont know if it was 5 years ago or not, but in recent history (before COTA) you definitely could get 15 acres in del valle for around 10k/acre or less.

I think it is about 15-20K/acre now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin