Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 02:00 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,542,882 times

Advertisements

Well, the rumors are in the air! Speculation that the Robinson Ranch may cut loose a significant chunk of land in north north Austin area...interesting.

From the Austin Business Journal comes this teaser for those without a subscription:

"After years of enigma and rumors, Robinson Ranch across the street from Apple's Austin campus could be in store for a major transformation — if the family that owns the 7,000 acres can decide what it wants to do with the site. Much of the ranch has no height restrictions for buildings, and it's in one of the hottest real estate markets in the region."

From what I can figure, most of the land is within Austin LTD jurisdiction; but the Code Next folks will likely find a way to completely muck it up if they get the chance(or delay the development another decade or two while they try to micro-manage the future of the area).

Limited purpose annexation extends the City's ordinances and regulations pertaining to land
development and the environment and, in some cases, health and safety. The City collects no taxes in
limited purpose areas and does not provide
municipal services such as police protection. Residents may
vote in city council and charter amendment elections. They may not vote in bond elections or run for
office.

We shall see, I reckon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2018, 12:45 PM

5,863 posts, read 11,917,859 times
There has always been a lot of speculation about what could happen if the Robinson's sold out. Living in NW Austin, it's the biggest nightmare scenario I can imagine. From more traffic to newer homes competing with the old 70's and 80's houses, nothing would bode well for those of us who live here now. There is more than adequate shopping and dining so that holds no appeal either.

There was an article in the Community Impact back in 2012. I saved it because any development of the ranch would impact our home values significantly. Until now, the Robinsons have been selective about what parcels of land get sold and developed and those that do have some community benefit. I am hoping that they continue that trend for as long as I'm in my house.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:46 PM

Since we live on Parmer(Avery Ranch) and DW works at Apple Riata, it will be very interesting to see IF there is any development before we move or die We've been here almost 10 years and nothing significant has happened to the Robinson Ranch in that time; but, all they have to do is cut it loose and it could become a madhouse

The Business Journal is in the tease and subscription-selling business on this one! ....

See 7,000 acres that have developers drooling
By ABJ staff / The Robinsons are talking to developers around the world about what could be built on their massive North Austin ranch next to Apple's campus so we thought readers would like to see the property that has builders buzzing. Click the headline for fresh photos from the site — and images from the all-seeing Google Earth.

Old 04-09-2018, 07:31 AM

2,602 posts, read 2,979,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
WFrom what I can figure, most of the land is within Austin LTD jurisdiction; but the Code Next folks will likely find a way to completely muck it up if they get the chance(or delay the development another decade or two while they try to micro-manage the future of the area).
RR was PUD zoned. CodeNext isn't touching those.

https://codenext.engagingplans.org/c...comparison-map

Old 04-09-2018, 09:00 AM

103 posts, read 113,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacek View Post

This area isn't Round Rock PUD though. It's Austin LTD.

Geocortex Viewer for HTML5

Old 04-09-2018, 09:19 AM

2,602 posts, read 2,979,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimmyu View Post
This area isn't Round Rock PUD though. It's Austin LTD.

Geocortex Viewer for HTML5
What do you mean by "Round Rock PUD"?

It's zoned, in the city of Austin, as a Planned Unit Development. It was zoned when it was annexed in 2004.

https://www.austinchronicle.com/news...obinson-ranch/

Old 04-09-2018, 09:26 AM

103 posts, read 113,297 times
Quote:
What do you mean by "Round Rock PUD"?

It's zoned, in the city of Austin, as a Planned Unit Development. It was zoned when it was annexed in 2004.

https://www.austinchronicle.com/news...obinson-ranch/
Sorry, I read "RR" as Round Rock, not Robinson Ranch.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:

THAT is very interesting! Thanks for the link

Old 04-10-2018, 04:38 PM

668 posts, read 783,128 times
All the Robinsons have done that I can see is periodically sell of chunks of their ranch along Parmer by Apple to create more giant apartment warrens. I am not sure how that "benefits the community."

Old 04-10-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eirenecat View Post
All the Robinsons have done that I can see is periodically sell of chunks of their ranch along Parmer by Apple to create more giant apartment warrens. I am not sure how that "benefits the community."
McNeil High School and, I believe, the PayPal, FreeScale, usedtobe something else 'campus' are on land turned over by the Robinsons. Maybe even the Howard rail station; so it's not all apartments(not that there's ANYthing wrong with apartments in a city with too few affordable houses).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin