Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 07:59 PM

25 posts, read 30,111 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm a single mom in my 30’s. I will be relocating to either Austin or Houston. Not sure yet. I'm by all accounts "hot" can pass for mid 20's. I am educated and well rounded. I'm recently divorced and would like to meet the love of my life! Lol, anyway which has a better dating scene for my demographic? I'm definitely going to go older this time...I was always against this but now understand it's best for me. Also if you can throw in your knowledge about which city is affected less by hurricanes that would be great. Thanks!

Last edited by Marka; 01-13-2020 at 08:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2018, 08:07 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,879,270 times
Well, Austin is less affected by hurricanes simply because it is further inland. That's the easiest of your questions...

If you are hot as you say then Austin is definitely your kind of place. You will basically be able to get any guy you want here. You didn't say if you will just go for other Latinos or will date white men, so that's an important thing to know. Both cities have a large Latino population so that shouldn't be a problem. However, Austin is more open to interracial dating.

You also are more educated than the standard person in Houston and Austin tends to have a higher percentage of people with college and master's degrees than most cities, especially Houston. So you're more likely to find a highly intelligent guy here. In Houston, you're more likely to find a well off guy, the economy is booming and home prices are dirty cheap compared to Austin so if you like the lavish lifestyle you're more likely to find it there as housing takes a bigger bite of income out here.

The only thing Houston will have going for it that Austin doesn't is that Houston has a large Columbian population and will have things you like like Columbian restaurants and you might be able to get a Columbian guy. I did know one Columbian lady back in the day but she's moved on and got married... She mentioned there aren't many Columbians here.

Old 04-13-2018, 08:12 PM

25 posts, read 30,111 times
Thanks! Great reply. I didn't know there's a Colombian population in Houston. I am open to all races, doesn't matter to me. But I do like an educated guy.

Old 04-13-2018, 08:15 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,879,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanative22 View Post
Thanks! Great reply. I didn't know there's a Colombian population in Houston. I am open to all races, doesn't matter to me. But I do like an educated guy.
You're welcome.

According to wikipedia, there are 28k Columbians in Houston:

Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX MSA – 28,200

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombian_Americans

In comparison LA has 32k.

Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, CA MSA – 32,233

Old 04-13-2018, 08:37 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,519,884 times
The question is more about finding someone who accepts baggage from previous marriage rather than dating scene in general.

Old 04-13-2018, 08:40 PM

54 posts, read 92,861 times
How about a sugar daddy? Where to I e-mail my application?

Old 04-13-2018, 08:44 PM

1,632 posts, read 3,325,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanative22 View Post
Hello,

I'm a 33 yo single mom of twin girls. I will be relocating from Los Angeles to either Austin or Houston. Not sure yet. I'm by all accounts "hot" can pass for mid 20's, I'm of Colombian descent. I have a Masters degree, real estate license and I'm well traveled. I'm recently divorced and would like to meet the love of my life! Lol, anyway how can I expect the dating scene in Houston to treat my demographic? I'm definitely going to go older this time...I was always against this but now understand it's best for me. Thanks in advance!
I hope this doesn't come across as a flippant remark, but if you're hot and looking for an older guy you'll have no problems at all.

Old 04-13-2018, 08:57 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,441,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
The question is more about finding someone who accepts baggage from previous marriage rather than dating scene in general.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:19 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,043,113 times
Austin

Houston

Old 04-14-2018, 06:49 AM

9,848 posts, read 13,685,580 times
Do brunch and yoga and you’ll be fine in Austin. Read this thread to see what some men in thus forum think of the online dating scene, though. Online Dating experiences in Austin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston