U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 06:50 AM

7,859 posts, read 7,863,405 times

Advertisements

Less than a week? Fast Park - if you want to use your own car. I parked my Jeep next to a MB SL550 there last year.

Longer term.... Uber/Lyft. $120 r/t is not that much (especially if one owns an "expensive" car).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2018, 01:00 PM

6 posts, read 2,089 times
I've flown quite a bit and used long term parking. Never had an issue with any of my vehicles. Even when I've driven to Houston to take a flight. Common sense rules, don't leave anything sitting out. If it's a really nice car, maybe take extra time to find a corner spot, or look for two other fairly nice cars to park next to.

I'm surprised Uber costs that much. You must be either pretty far, or planning to leave during rough hour. I don't think I've ever paid more than $36 each way for ride-share (Lyft) to and from the far north Austin area. To me, that beats dealing with parking.

Old 11-13-2018, 01:09 PM

77 posts, read 35,996 times
Park and Zoom. You can even have them change your oil and detail your car while you are on your trip. They also offer valet parking.

Old Yesterday, 01:48 PM

5,989 posts, read 14,951,945 times
I fly a lot. 4 times in the past 45 days. I always park in the garage and it's a 2 minute walk into the airport. I think it's $22 per day.

Valet is available on the top of the garage, for $18 per day I think, but it's not covered parking, they expect a tip, and it's a further walk. So that was one and done for me. Not a good value compared to self parking in the covered garage at ground level.

If I was trying to save money I guess I'd park in the further out parking lots and ride the shuttle that comes around. I did that a few times years ago, but always thought it was a hassle and not worth the savings.

I've never had a door ding or any issues in the garage. I've never not found a spot. The striped spaces are large enough for full size cars. It's also nice upon return you just walk across the street into the garage and you're at your car.

Even if you park 4-5 days it's cheaper and easier than Uber or a cab two-ways.

Steve

Last edited by austin-steve; Yesterday at 01:49 PM.. Reason: typo

Old Yesterday, 10:56 PM

171 posts, read 579,458 times
Park and Zoom, use valet.

Old Today, 08:27 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,035,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwarnecke View Post
I always use the Economy lot when flying out of Austin. AUS is one of the few airports I've flown out of where the on-site economy lot is actually cheaper than the off-site options. Plus it's a short shuttle ride to the airport.

If there were severe storms/hail in the forecast, I'd probably pay a bit extra for an offsite covered lot.

Security is basically a non-issue on airport property. Why would you be leaving valuables in your car anyways?

This is what I do. The long-term parking at the airport is reasonably priced. Shuttles come by every few minutes.

Very easy.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin