U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 06:40 PM

30 posts, read 9,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_commute View Post
�� �� Thats a ridiculus amount of time to be spending on commute eerybday! I’d Rather rent somewhere close. Why would anyone want to live in leander then? Just curious. Do they work somewhere close or take tolls?
People live there because it's more affordable than Austin. The toll roads are worth the money around here. Non-toll traffic is awful if you're going with the flow at rush hour, particularly on 183 north. Lots of people work in Austin and live in the suburbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2019, 10:44 AM

10,296 posts, read 9,590,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_commute View Post
🙄 😳 Thats a ridiculus amount of time to be spending on commute eerybday! Id Rather rent somewhere close. Why would anyone want to live in leander then? Just curious. Do they work somewhere close or take tolls?
Leander also has the train, a direct route to downtown. A one hour commute is no big deal to me if it is spent passively and not actively driving. My door to door commute is probably around an hour, but that's fine because my actual driving time will now be 12 minutes each way. The rest of the time will be spent sitting on a bus letting someone else deal with the traffic. With Wifi, one can work if that's desired.

I love my house and neighborhood, so it's worth the extra time spent. And to be clear, you can spend a long time commuting living IN Austin.

Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM

325 posts, read 73,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzeltwist View Post
People live there because it's more affordable than Austin. The toll roads are worth the money around here. Non-toll traffic is awful if you're going with the flow at rush hour, particularly on 183 north. Lots of people work in Austin and live in the suburbs.
That is not an reason, but more of an excuse. The money spent driving toll roads can easily be converted to dollars towards a home closer to work. But why think logically when you can be dumb and not think.

Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM

5,764 posts, read 8,226,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpacked View Post
That is not an reason, but more of an excuse. The money spent driving toll roads can easily be converted to dollars towards a home closer to work. But why think logically when you can be dumb and not think.
I knew a guy that bought in Leander and then took toll roads all the way down to Facebook downtown...everyday. I tried to convince him to move to at least north Austin but he wasnt having it.

Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM

7,934 posts, read 13,091,903 times
Quote:
Three or four bucks a day for 250 days a year ain't gonna get you a house closer in town...sorry

Old Today, 08:56 AM

20,077 posts, read 36,872,403 times
Quote:
That is not an reason, but more of an excuse. The money spent driving toll roads can easily be converted to dollars towards a smaller home with a smaller yard in less desirable school districts closer to work. But why think logically when you can be dumb and not think.

There you go, I fixed that for you.

Plus, what 10coachrick said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin