U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 11:33 AM

58 posts, read 20,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scissor_chavez View Post
Families in Travis County don';t want that crap either, Anthny. it's not a question of finding work, either. plenty of fast food restaurants and entry level jobs out in Cedar Park.
Maybe they should vote differently in Travis county if they like change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 11:57 AM

44 posts, read 13,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karpo1 View Post
Maybe they should vote differently in Travis county if they like change.
I do. I vote straight ticket GOP. and "no" on 80% of the bond measures

Old 01-04-2019, 12:44 PM

1,679 posts, read 675,630 times
Quote:
Then you’re part of the problem.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:38 PM

58 posts, read 20,505 times
Quote:
Sure, majority just loves to have homeless people in Austin. Maybe you should move to area meeting your needs.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:59 PM

1,094 posts, read 686,350 times
Quote:
Back on Topic: what can the suburbs do to help solve the homeless problem?
No offense, but I think it would be best if you contacted your elected leaders...I don't think a bunch of armchair SJW preaching is going to accomplish anything, besides getting a bunch of forum members huffing and puffing (figuratively), or it just becoming a forum shouting match.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:18 PM

124 posts, read 114,577 times
Quote:
I got a better idea for you. Everyone pools in with their neighbors and buy a bum a one way bus ticket to San Francisco. The brilliant people out there give money to the homeless and have great weather. Win win for everyone.

Old 01-08-2019, 12:37 PM

2,714 posts, read 1,860,315 times
I'm usually the last one in the world to complain about panhandlers and those who choose, or volunteer to be homeless, but at the same time, but that mess I saw on the southbound side of Manchaca Road under the Ben White Freeway is the worst mess I've seen anywhere in Austin. It's not tents and sleeping bags. It looks like somebody came along and emptied 4 or 5 garbage bags along the area betweem the sidewalk and the top of the ramp under the freeway. That's unexcuseable, even for the panhandlers who live - or at least spend a good part of their day underneath that overpass. That has to be a one off. I've never seen it look anything near that bad.

Old 01-08-2019, 12:59 PM

44 posts, read 13,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I'm usually the last one in the world to complain about panhandlers and those who choose, or volunteer to be homeless, but at the same time, but that mess I saw on the southbound side of Manchaca Road under the Ben White Freeway is the worst mess I've seen anywhere in Austin. It's not tents and sleeping bags. It looks like somebody came along and emptied 4 or 5 garbage bags along the area betweem the sidewalk and the top of the ramp under the freeway. That's unexcuseable, even for the panhandlers who live - or at least spend a good part of their day underneath that overpass. That has to be a one off. I've never seen it look anything near that bad.

Take the U-turn under Ben White at Packsaddle pass to see it up close. It looks like mini-SF. Disgusting.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:09 PM

877 posts, read 848,365 times
The fact that the Travis count allows people to camp out under the highways is pathetic. It’s making huge parts of Austin completely undesirable and unsanitary. Roll down the windows and it smells like ****/crap. Garbage all over landscaping and the side of the roads. Used mattresses and stolen carts all over the place. Hanging outside the gas stations laying all around the entrance begging- buying beer. I’ve seen the same people at a north Austin location during the day going into a Walgreens to buy beer every time.. when I go by there early in the am their nowhere to be found. Then I saw a van pick a group up one evening.

Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM

1,480 posts, read 1,326,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antny12 View Post
The fact that the Travis count allows people to camp out under the highways is pathetic. It’s making huge parts of Austin completely undesirable and unsanitary. Roll down the windows and it smells like ****/crap. Garbage all over landscaping and the side of the roads. Used mattresses and stolen carts all over the place. Hanging outside the gas stations laying all around the entrance begging- buying beer. I’ve seen the same people at a north Austin location during the day going into a Walgreens to buy beer every time.. when I go by there early in the am their nowhere to be found. Then I saw a van pick a group up one evening.
For the last time, those encampments under the highways are not an Austin issue. They are a state of Texas issue. TXDOT cleans them up on a regular monthly basis. If you think it should be done more frequently, then contact your legislator -- or stay in your budget suburb since you don't even live in Austin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or