Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 05:02 PM

3 posts, read 28,802 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Pflugerville in the summer and I would love to receive some advice. I have never been in the place, so anything you can tell me would be really helpful.
I would also like to know which area in the city is nicer, and which is the best highschool for my son.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 05:26 PM

898 posts, read 2,562,442 times
Posting this in the Austin forum would be a better idea...its alot closer to Austin than SA

Old 04-08-2008, 03:16 PM

87 posts, read 376,154 times
Default Pflugerville

Pflugerville is a fast-growing city that has become a suburb of Austin/Round Rock. It has parts that are "small-town" in feel and look, and parts that are cookie-cutter suburbia.

There are three high schools in the district, from largest to smallest: Pflugerville High, Connally High, and Hendrickson High. Pflugerville High is the "original" high school; Connally High actually is in Austin city limits; and Hendrickson High is on the east end of town, in the boom area.

More info on schools: Pflugerville Independent School District :: Home

Based strictly on personal preference, I would look into homes closer in to the "old" town center. The schools these neighborhoods are zoned into tend to be better-performing, and the mix of older houses, tree-lined streets, etc. gives it a peaceful feeling. There is a lovely city park with a creek, and quite a network of walking trails throughout the central town. The old downtown has some neat old buildings, and some pretty old homes. We have several annual festivals (or "pfestivals" as they tend to be called); Deutschen Pfest is coming up in May.

We have lived in P'ville for over 10 years and have enjoyed it. Kids have gone from K through 11th (almost 12!) years of school here and had positive to very positive experiences.

Good luck with your move!

Old 04-08-2008, 04:10 PM

216 posts, read 996,009 times
Default Blackhawk Neighborhood

We moved here last Summer and haven't regretted it at all. My children are in Elementary stage and attend and love Rowe Lane Elementary. Hendrickson High School would be our closest high school.
Greatschools website rate it a 8 -Check out that website if you haven't already.

We have the toll roads nearby if you need to use them and as a previous poster mentioned the commercial side is building up around us.

Have you any specific questions I can try and answer? you are welcome to PM if you prefer.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:31 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
The older subdivisions are very pretty. Kids can even walk to school there.
Brookhollow, Saxony, Creekbend (I think) come to mind.
From those neighborhoods you can get to the hike and bike trail which takes you through the park.

The newer subdivisions east of 685 are your typical cookie cutter standard subdivisions.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:42 PM

216 posts, read 996,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The newer subdivisions east of 685 are your typical cookie cutter standard subdivisions.
There are plenty of Hike and bike trails, amenity centers, lakes, golf course etc.. within these standard subdivisions don't fear.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:16 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheMoveAGAIN View Post
There are plenty of Hike and bike trails, amenity centers, lakes, golf course etc.. within these standard subdivisions don't fear.
I didn't say there weren't any amenities..but those are the typical new subdivisions out there..very cookie cutter if you drive through them. They are all fairly new (except for the older section of Blackhawk) so they seem vary stark as you drive through them. But that is typical of any "new" subdivision.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:30 PM

3 posts, read 28,802 times
Default thanks

Thanks a lot for the advice and guidance. I am excited about moving to Pfville. Where can I find out about those festivals like the one you mentioned will take place next May?
So, I understand if I want city life and old houses, I need to live near Pflugerville High, but if I prefer suburban new housing near Hendrickson High will be the place.
I will check that site "Greatschools" that you mention, for a better idea, as to which highschool is better.
I appreciate the help.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:59 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,873,665 times
Pflugerville Texas Official Website

Deutschen Pfest is May 16-18. There is a "pfun run/walk" on Sunday the 18th.

But Pflugerville is close enough to Austin that you can easily enjoy all the festivals there...

Old 07-06-2008, 07:07 PM

4 posts, read 22,263 times
Default I don't drive onfree ways. Can I get to downtown Austin without getting on the free ways?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel Amescua View Post
I am moving to Pflugerville in the summer and I would love to receive some advice. I have never been in the place, so anything you can tell me would be really helpful.
I would also like to know which area in the city is nicer, and which is the best highschool for my son.
I am moving to Pflugerville but I will be working downtown Austin. I don't drive on freeways are there ways to get to downtown without getting on the freeway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin