Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 07:58 AM

44 posts, read 43,318 times

Advertisements

We used to have Kiddie Acres but even that went away
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 08:07 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,185,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterEgo42 View Post
Only if it was connected to a high speed rail from the medical center in the US Economy in Austin, populated by single people.

Insert gigantic eye roll.

Love it!

Old 04-12-2019, 09:06 AM

12,866 posts, read 13,171,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynarthur View Post
We used to have Kiddie Acres but even that went away
Yeah, took our oldest son there in the early ‘70s when it was still down at Barton Springs Road & S. Lamar. They closed the McNeil Road location several years ago apparently.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:44 PM

5,685 posts, read 4,589,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashRiprock View Post

Disney's going to build a new park in Columbus/La Grange/Brenham/Bastrop . They've been secretly buying up land using shell corporations.
You forgot the [sarcasm]disney in Texas[/sarcasm]

Old 04-12-2019, 03:27 PM

9,843 posts, read 13,579,791 times
I think the water park in Pflugerville is Typhoon Texas. I've never been. I grew up about five minutes from Fiesta Texas. I've lost count as to how many times I've been, but it's dropped off significantly within the last malybe 10 years. I think about going maybe once a year but never actually go.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:49 PM

15,237 posts, read 35,428,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
I think the water park in Pflugerville is Typhoon Texas. I've never been. I grew up about five minutes from Fiesta Texas. I've lost count as to how many times I've been, but it's dropped off significantly within the last malybe 10 years. I think about going maybe once a year but never actually go.
It is a great place - for youngsters .

My sister used to buy a season pass for her kids (four) and so would most of the other parents. The parents would then 'rotate' duty on whose turn it was to take a few of them. That allowed the parents to only have to go once, but the kids would go four or five times over a season.

Old 04-14-2019, 06:47 AM

663 posts, read 428,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashRiprock View Post
I think he's talking about the water park in Pflugerville that used to be called Hawaiian Falls. I believe it changed its name but I assume it's still there.

https://www.typhoontexas.com/austin

Old 04-14-2019, 12:45 PM

This is more an Austin style resort. Unfortunately, it's three hours from Austin.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:10 PM

7 posts, read 4,919 times
With a 4 and 7 year old and being in Round Rock (so, SA six flags/sea world being a bit of a hike) I'd very much like for something like this to happen. However, extremely unlikely - as mentioned, no one is really building new parks these days (and even if they were, I don't see someone like six flags cannibalizing their SA park) and the era of the independent park is pretty much over.

We love the area, but it is a bit sparse in this sort of "family things to do" category for a place that gets so much hype - amusement parks, (good) aquarium, zoo (yes, we have one, but even Waco blows it away), etc. I suppose because much of the Austin growth seems to be relatively recent, past the time these sorts of things were being built.

Old 04-15-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocko76 View Post
With a 4 and 7 year old and being in Round Rock (so, SA six flags/sea world being a bit of a hike) I'd very much like for something like this to happen. However, extremely unlikely - as mentioned, no one is really building new parks these days (and even if they were, I don't see someone like six flags cannibalizing their SA park) and the era of the independent park is pretty much over.

We love the area, but it is a bit sparse in this sort of "family things to do" category for a place that gets so much hype - amusement parks, (good) aquarium, zoo (yes, we have one, but even Waco blows it away), etc. I suppose because much of the Austin growth seems to be relatively recent, past the time these sorts of things were being built.

When our children were growing up, it seemed like our problem was that there were too many "family things to do" so that we were constantly having to choose. Everything from the Austin Nature Center to Pioneer Farm to Art Classes at the Dougherty to Jourdan-Bachman Pioneer Farms to Barton Springs Pool, Zilker Park, the Botanical Gardens (hep, kids have a great time there, believe it or not), a lot of museums (the Thinkery didn't exist then but Austin Children's Museum did and the Texas Memorial Museum was always a big hit with any kids, our own or visitors, that we took there), the lakes, of course, ice-skating, Laguna Gloria (still there), Inner Space Caverns in Georgetown, and many more, and, of course, throw a rock and you hit a festival and many of them are family friendly. A drive to San Antonio or Waco for the zoo (both great) is a good day trip, and something like Six Flags is not far (well, for Texans, who grow up used to driving to get anywhere) and should be a big deal in any case. (At used it was when I was a teenager and I lived in Arlington.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin