Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:32 PM

184 posts, read 1,007,101 times

Advertisements

I need to fly out of ABIA for a week. What is the cheapest parking near ABIA with a shuttle service?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 09:52 PM

869 posts, read 2,953,877 times
Fast Park is the cheapest one (if you print their coupon off of their website). It's not all that much cheaper than parking at the airport itself, but you don't have to wait as long for the shuttle, they pick you up right at your car (as opposed to making you walk to a pick up point, like you do at the airport).

And I might be wrong, but I think all of the parking at Fast Park is covered (which is great, especially if a hail storm comes through while you are gone).

Don't use Parking Express.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:50 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,872,387 times
I usually use the long term parking at the airport.. it's only $6 per day, and it takes about the same time to walk through the parking lot to the terminal as it does to wait for the shuttle. It's really not that far. I guess if you have lots of bags, you'd need the shuttle... but otherwise, it's maybe a 10 min walk at a slow pace.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:40 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,619,033 times
The prices are not all that much different at the off-site vs. the on-site parking, and the off-sites, I am sure, are pretty close in cost to each other. I have typically used the parking with the blue awnings on the West side of 71 by the airport (I think that is parking express ). Never had a problem, myself. The most useful reasons for the remote covered areas is if the weather is bad. You stay dry and get picked up/dropped off at your car.

Anyway, regarding cost, it will vary by $1 to $2 a day, depending on where you park, so I wouldn't stress to much about it.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:44 AM

206 posts, read 1,310,778 times
I fly out of ABIA almost every week and i am loyal to FastPark. good service, nice frequent 'parker' points. Oh..and they have covered parking which the airport parking do not have.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:36 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,120,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2austin View Post
I need to fly out of ABIA for a week. What is the cheapest parking near ABIA with a shuttle service?

Thanks!
Fast park is by far the best. Exit at the maintainance rd before the actual airport exit and make a left under 71.

When you park they always have a shuttle right there waiting for you. When you return they have by far the most number of shuttles to pick you up so you rarely have to wait longer than 5 minutes.

It is much faster than the airport long term parking and is covered.

Old 04-18-2008, 06:24 AM

718 posts, read 2,360,499 times
We used the long term parking at the airport for 2+ weeks. Nothing spectacular, fairly quick shuttles to and from the terminal. One little thing though, my car was covered in red/brown dirt when we got back. I don't know if it is was a combo or pollen and dirt, but it really made me wish I had parked in a covered lot!

Old 04-18-2008, 06:30 AM
AGA

729 posts, read 2,706,628 times
Can't remember which one of the off site locations does this, but you can get your oil changed while its there waiting!!!
Another one has free newspaper and bottled water!
I will research and respond again.

Old 04-18-2008, 06:48 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,619,033 times
I think both the places (fast park and parking express) do oil changes (although that scares me a little), and I know PE does vehicle inspections. FP may, as well, not sure.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:21 AM
AGA

729 posts, read 2,706,628 times
Parking Express has a full range of services and amenities, but is more expensive per day. Covered parking is 8.25/day without internet coupon and 7.25 with.
Of course the additional services are extra!

Airport Fast Park is a little more no frill, but you do get a newspaper!! That made my day when I parked there early one am. It is 6.07/day for covered parking with the internet coupon.

Each offers frequent parkers programs, but I am not a frequent traveler so I don't know about that part.

I just googled airport parking austin and those two came up!

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: