Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2008, 08:56 AM

1,151 posts, read 2,993,122 times

Advertisements

Headwaters at Barton Creek is supposed to be a development of about 950 homes 2 miles east of Dripping Springs, on the north side of 290, with homes in the $180,000 - $600,000 range. It is a unique development in that the developer has set aside 1,000 acres along Barton Creek to remain open space.

I've seen some information saying that home construction was expected to begin in early-to-mid 2008. I've also seen reports that DR Horton, which had purchased many of the lots, has pulled out of the development, but that local companies were stepping in to fill the void.

Does anyone have any current information about Headwaters? Has infrastructure gone in? Any home construction going on or planned for the immediate future? Any rumors of changes to the development brought on by DR Horton's pull out or the economy in general?

There has also been some concern expressed about the potential commercial development that would front 290 in front of the subdivision. Any rumors on what might go in there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 07:49 AM

39 posts, read 42,161 times
Resurrecting this because I'm curious if anyone has anything good or bad to say about Headwaters. I've recently seen a lot of listings for to-be-built homes in his community, but we are now 8.5 years past the start of this thread. As far as I can tell, there are no (or very few?) houses completed. And DR Horton isn't one of the builders listed on the Headwaters website.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:56 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,544,472 times
Guess they missed the downturn recovery of the past few years.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:17 PM

22 posts, read 17,440 times
I saw they are having a grand opening of this community on March 4th. I have looked at the models on the Headwaters website and they are lovely. I would love to hear if anyone here knows more about this community.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:58 AM

67 posts, read 86,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowilly View Post
Resurrecting this because I'm curious if anyone has anything good or bad to say about Headwaters. I've recently seen a lot of listings for to-be-built homes in his community, but we are now 8.5 years past the start of this thread. As far as I can tell, there are no (or very few?) houses completed. And DR Horton isn't one of the builders listed on the Headwaters website.

I live pretty close to this new community and have driven through there recently. I personally would stay away from this neighborhood. The homes are right on top of each other and it's just too big for my taste.

What's your price range and what area would you like to be in? Any must have's??

Old 04-11-2017, 01:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,403 times
I have a house under contract at HeadWaters. My wife and I looked extensively at Village of Western Oaks, Circle C Ranch, Avana, Belterra, Highpointe and Reunion Ranch and everything in-between. We decided to build in Headwaters with Trendmaker homes since there were only a few upgrades in their model otherwise everything was already priced in. We have previously worked with CalAtlantic off Edwardson in their small 12 home development but after adding everything in we were looking at over 100k in upgrades! We just finished our low voltage meeting with Trendmaker and upgraded ceiling and outdoor speakers in addition to cable and internet jacks in about every room. That coupled with security setups and some other smaller items and it tacked on an additional 5k. I'm not complaining though, Headwaters has a larger acreage than Belterra, hill country views, a stylish community center that will have a 2500 square foot workout facility and a coffee shop. Belterra workout facility felt like a small bedroom if that matters to you as a buyer. All in all, we've probably seen over 100 homes in the area but since I'm a Realtor that negotiated a terrific deal, we plan on working that enjoy the area and it's amenities. We also wanted to ensure we were making the right decision for our family that is moving to an area that will require a local professional. We have yet to meet with design team but are expecting to upgrade flooring for an additional 6k to 12k. All in all, in my opinion, it's a terrific development if you enjoy hill country views, an upgraded amenity center and green living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: