Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 12:41 AM

10 posts, read 121,992 times

Advertisements

Can Anyone Give Me Any Information About "APACHE SHORES" Subdivision? Good Bad And The Ugly? When I Visited Austin I Went There And It Seemed Rural And Hill Country With Both Lakes Nearby And Lakeway Just Across The Highway And Looked Affordable? Is there any shopping,movie theatres,or restaurants nearby? I need Austin Input if anyone can help? May be one more California transplant on the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2007, 10:07 AM

6,330 posts, read 17,976,190 times
In Apache shores, you can stand in the driveway of a $600K home and spit across the street into the driveway of a mobile home. It's a very mixed and funky area. You have to be into that sort of thing to appreciate it.

The location isn't very good if you want to get into Austin often. You either have to go north on 620 to 2222, or south to 620/71 and come around the horn from either of those directions. Both routes can be very, very congested with traffic during drive times. Take a look on a Google map and you'll see what I mean.

That said, if I didn't have kids, was younger, worked from home and wanted to enjoy being near the lake, I'd consider it as an option.

Steve

Old 01-27-2007, 12:29 PM

70 posts, read 368,143 times
Apache Shores is definitely mobile homes & mansions. Its biggest draw is the community boat ramp on Lake Austin & lack of Lakeway code enforcement ($100 fines for trashcans outside before 7AM, anyone?) The biggest downside to Apache Shores are the roads....they are absolutely awful in some spots - so awful that they would destroy your suspension unless you have an SUV. Just make sure and check where in the neighborhood each home is. Also, if you're $250k+ check out nearby Cardinal Hills. Also, every once in a while, homes will pop up that are behind Steiner Ranch, and the Steiner boat ramp - very cool little spot if you like older homes near the lake.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:52 PM

Thanks On The Info About The Other Two Areas The Only Draw Back I Felt For The End Of Steiner Ranch Was The Long Drive To The Hwy From There But Either Way I Guess You Have To Drive To It Or On It. I Did Notice The Mobiles When I Was There And Just Wondered If It Was Safe It Looks Somewhat Like Some Of The Neighborhoods That Are Near Where I Work That Have Some Indian Reservations Nearby So I Was Wondering If It Was Safe Because Sometimes There Are A Lot Of Drug Problems In Those Ares. I Was Also Wondering What Type Of Shopping Is Near That Area. I Do Have See Doos And A Boat And Love The Water Activities. I Certainly Would Like Living Closer To The Town Of Austin But I Do Like The Hill/country Area West Lake Hills Is Very Nice But The Price Shows It. I Would Most Likely Like To Stay Around $250-$350 Mostly Because Of The Property Taxes There Does Anyone Know How They Access The Taxes There Is It When A House Is Sold They Get Reaccessed For That Value Or What?

Old 01-27-2007, 02:13 PM

70 posts, read 368,143 times
You should have some good options in Cardinal Hills & Apache Shores. Check out Lakeway if you don't mind the police & neighborhood rules (some people really like them ) Also - check into Bee Cave & Austin Lake Estates. Austin Lake Estates is one of my favorite neighborhoods in town (it has cool, quirky character.)

Old 01-28-2007, 12:26 PM

Yeah, I don't think I would like too many rules either but sometimes that does keep out th riff raff, if you know what I mean. It can be good and bad. I have looked in Lakeway area but it seems that the property taxes are higher there. I'm sure it's nice and has good amenities. Where is Austin Lake Estates? I don't believe I've seen that area? Is there a boat ramp facility nearby that sub-division?

Old 01-28-2007, 12:41 PM

I should also say that I don't have children and I will be working but I have 3 options for work, at the airport-off w. howard ln & mopoc expwy-or south of MLK and west of 183 those are the FEDEX locations. My other half will be retiring so that is another thing that will be an important factor in our financial situation. We do enjoy eating out and outdoor activities tennis hikeing bikeing boating and swimming and enjoy the occasional movie or live theatre experience and love the "live band" scene in austin! If anyone has any other options they think would be better give a hollar.

Old 01-28-2007, 12:48 PM

6,330 posts, read 17,976,190 times
Quote:
Where is Austin Lake Estates?
Austin Lake Estates is off Bee Caves road down Cuernavaca, in the Eanes school district. I think the zip is 78733. It's a cool area, a bit rough around the edges on the way in and on some streets, but it has a great HOA park right on the lake.

Old 01-28-2007, 01:26 PM

SOUNDS GOOD! Thanks for the info I will go check it out!

Old 04-18-2007, 03:46 PM

2 posts, read 24,377 times
Default Apache Shores

I live in the neighborhood and work in real estate in Austin. Apache Shores is one of the most affordable neighborhoods in the Lake Travis area with the best appreciation rate. It is not a cookie cutter neighborhood, but the variety of homes there is one of the reasons it's a great place to live. We have Lake Austin boat access, day docks, low taxes, excellent schools and large lots most with great views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin