Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 10:13 AM

7 posts, read 20,890 times

Advertisements

We are looking into buying a home built in 1986 in a neighborhood I believe was developed by Bill Milburn. It's been nicely upgraded with flooring and fixtures and well maintained. The nearby houses seem to be well maintained as well. It is between El Salido Parkway and Hatch Road. Can anybody tell me about the safety of that neighborhood? I can't seem to find police reports through the Cedar Park Police Department. Also, can anybody tell me anything about the neighbors? We are a young family. I don't mind a mix of neighbors, but I would like to know what the general feel is in that area.

I noticed a nice small park in a nearby neighborhood across Hatch, called Woodland Park. Are there any other playscapes, pools, or tennis courts close by? I am aware of Milburn Park and Anderson Mill MUD pool on El Salido Parkway. However, the latter comes with a high non-resident fee of $270 yearly before you can pay to use the pool. Elizabeth Milburn Pool seems to have a reasonable yearly fee of $150 or seasonal fee of $100 for all access for residents. Does anybody know if that includes all Cedar Park residents?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 03:05 PM

1,035 posts, read 4,450,009 times
Here's a search of CP police reports for the last 14 days. You can do an advanced search on the Hill Country News website for older ones. Looks like one of the crimes in the area was someone steeling $16 worth of beer. Not a lot of crime in CP/Leander.

Hill Country News > News (http://www.hillcountrynews.com/articles/2008/08/30/news/public_record/blotter28.txt - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin