U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 09:01 PM

90 posts, read 338,845 times

Advertisements

Sorry if the question seems just a *tad* early, but I'm a big Halloween fan and I was curious who the locals would say has the best haunted attraction in town.

Also, do any transplants have feedback on how Austin's haunted attractions rank with other cities they've lived/visited?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 09:36 PM

1 posts, read 6,431 times
The House of Torment ([URL="http://www.houseoftorment.com"]www.houseoftorment.com[/URL]) has been #1 for years, but there's a new one that looks awesome. Check it out: [URL="http://www.thehorrorhauntedhouse.com"]www.thehorrorhauntedhouse.com[/URL]

Old 09-19-2008, 02:30 PM

1 posts, read 6,325 times
I disagree. Mansion of Terror is much better than House of Torment. Check them both out if you don't believe me. Their website is:

[url]www.mansionofterror.com[/url]

Old 09-19-2008, 04:00 PM

2,262 posts, read 6,414,724 times
Someone should make a list here (preferably with reviews!) as I plan on visiting all of them. I'm a huge Halloween fan too... in fact, I was married on Halloween!

Old 10-07-2008, 11:09 PM

4 posts, read 16,311 times
I have a friend who works at this place called [SIZE=3]Carnivale Pandemonium or the Horror I think here's their link and directions[/SIZE]

MySpace.com - Carnivale Pandemonium - 101 - Male - AUSTIN, US - www.myspace.com/allthumbsproduction

Come to the scariest haunt you'll ever see, movie quality sets, great special effects and make-up, wonderfully intense actors and environments.

Call (512) 25 - SCARE

or online at

Getscaredaustin.com

THE HORROR Haunted House is located in the Lakeline Village shopping center at 12617 Ridgeline Boulevard, Cedar Park, Texas 78613.
We are located in the south mall complex of Lakeline Mall next to The Halloween Express Superstore, behind Fuddruckers and across from Dillards and Sears. We are NOT located inside the mall. Our building backs up to RM 620, so look for our banners.
Directions
From NORTH
Take IH-35 or US Highway 183 south to RM 620. Turn right on RM 620 and go west to Lakeline Mall. Look for the Pecan Park Blvd entrance. If you see Chili's and Fuddruckers to your right, YOU'RE HERE! Turn in to the mall complex, take the first left and another left to head to our building located behind Fuddruckers and across from Dillards and Sears in the south mall complex.
From SOUTH
Take IH-35 or US Highway 183 north to RM 620. Alternatively, you could take MoPac north to US 183 (Research Blvd) and go north on 183. Turn left on RM 620 and go west to Lakeline Mall. Look for the Pecan Park Blvd entrance. If you see Chili's and Fuddruckers to your right, YOU'RE HERE! Turn in to the mall complex, take the first left and another left to head to our building located behind Fuddruckers and across from Dillards and Sears in the south mall complex.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 5,484 times
Default places to go trick or treating

I am looking for a safe place to go trick or treating. My son is too young to take to haunted houses. Vista Ridge has a trunk or treat but that was yesterday, so we missed it. Any recommendations?

Old 11-01-2008, 10:05 AM

9 posts, read 36,877 times
Is hounted houses common in Austin?
Because i'm thinking of moving there, and I think it's great fun with haunted themes.

Old 11-01-2008, 03:18 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,077,024 times
Went to the Mansion of Terror last night...pretty solid. Well organized. Definitely had me jump in my boots a few times A bit pricey but ah, what the hell, it was Halloween.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:35 AM

2,722 posts, read 4,794,659 times
I went to the horror haunted house. I thought it was done well. They got me a few times really good.

It was a little too fast, but when you're scurred you tend to walk faster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin