Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 10:49 AM

8 posts, read 37,665 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We are in the very early stages of relocating to Austin (hopefully) and I have been looking at homes online in the areas of Round Rock, Cedar Park and Pflugerville. I've seen a fair amount of information on Round Rock and Cedar Park, and both sound quite nice, but not much info about Pflugerville. Is there anything I need to know about this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2007, 10:53 AM

90 posts, read 279,946 times
When I went there on vacation Pflugerville seemed more plain then round rock. I thought from what I saw of round rock that it is nicer.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:00 AM

631 posts, read 2,451,582 times
I would be very interested also!

My "dream" of moving to the Austin area is becoming closer to a reality. However the jobs I am seriously considering might be in Taylor, TX. I have read wayyyy too many things that make me want to not live there. But I would assume the drive from Austin would be an absolute hell.
So I am looking into the burbs a little too. I would MUCH rather central, but it's not looking too good.
Any suggestions on the "next best thing" outside of Austin for open minded people?

Old 02-09-2007, 11:30 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times
There are many threads on RR/Pfugerville area, do a search and you will find lots of information.

Thats said, I think I can summerize and say RR and Pflugerville are very similar in many ways. Their growth and popularity have run pretty much parallel for many years. They are relatively inexpensive and close to Austin, but are very young areas that have not developed as much of a cultural identify as Austin has.

blueoktober: I am not sure about the commute. Assuming you work a day job, you would be running opposite of traffic and it would not be that bad. On the other hand, it is quite a few miles, regardless of traffic. I do agree, Taylor is not the best choice, imho. You might want to look at Georgetown, Pflugerville, or Hutto. Bastrop is further away, but can go straight to Taylor on hwy 95.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:12 PM

Thanks so much-I'm new to this type of forum, so I didn't realize I could do a search like that. I've now gathered a great deal of helpful information about the areas I had inquired about.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:18 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,063,220 times
We are in Round Rock - and moved here from WA. I gather from your name, you are in WA too?

The one thing you need to know about Pflugerville is that it was once a big ranch, I think? So very very little actual trees there, not newly planted.

Old 02-24-2007, 10:39 AM

Jenbar,
Yes, I am from Washington, just across the Puget Sound from Seattle. I'm looking forward to seeing the sun and having power on a regular basis (our power outages are much more frequent than Seattle and last for days).

It sounds like Round Rock is the more desireable area to live. I am very much looking forward to making the trip down to see it for myself.

In the meantime-my husband is going to be in Round Rock this Sunday-Tuesday for a job interview. He is going to have to be my "eyes" until I can go and see for myself. Is there any specific area in Round Rock you would recommend that he should see while there?

Thanks so much for your input!

Old 02-26-2007, 03:52 PM

139 posts, read 636,428 times
Bremerton? Poulsbo? Silverdale? My brother lives in Poulsbo. Lost power many a times with him and his family. Not so bad over the last few years. Of course, that's because he bought a generator Good luck with your move and let us know if you decide to make it happen.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:56 PM

5 posts, read 32,591 times
Hello WA girl, also in the very early stages of possible relocation to Round Rock area. My husband received an offer from Dell in Round Rock and I'm trying to see what does the area offer other than Austin 20 mins before I quite my job and move.

My dad is in Seattle, loves it, hasn't mentioned the black/brown outs he just keeps telling us to relocate and Microsoft. :-D

So what did your husband have to say about the area?

Old 03-09-2007, 06:12 AM

18 posts, read 51,608 times
Pflugerville has better school ratings than Round Rock. The east side of Pflugerville (toll road area) is the older part, away from I35.

If you work in Taylor you should look into homes in Hutto. Easy access to Austin and Taylor both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin