Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2008, 10:24 PM

34 posts, read 64,300 times

Advertisements

Is this worth it? I know that the job offer I have received in Round rock is not going to pay enough to live on , even for basics! But I am stuck up here in the cold north where there are just no jobs and havent been for yrs! Everyone is leaving in droves because of this and the unbearably cold snowy weather. Life is hard enough without having to scrape a ton of ice and snow off your car every morning just to GET to work!!

I think I am going to make the move to R Rock, but live, where?! The job is paying very little. Like, maybe $1000 a month. But I am going through my savings up in the North in a town we hate, anyway! I am single, too. WHAT DO U ALL THINK??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 06:04 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,691,351 times
Round Rock has subsidized and low income housing if that's an option for you. Most apartment complexes offer it as well. I think even some landlords offer it for rental homes.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:54 AM

74 posts, read 216,945 times
Yea there are a few apartment complexes that could get you taken care of as for housing. There are a lot of jobs out here as well - especialy in the food industry so I wouldn't feel obligated to stick to the 1k/month job after you get settled in down here.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:28 PM

1,035 posts, read 4,465,549 times
Is that a full-time job? That's just over $6 an hour. Fast food places pay more than that around here. My high-schooler makes $7.25 an hour...its her 1st job ever and she's only been there a month!

Old 11-03-2008, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastea View Post
Is that a full-time job? That's just over $6 an hour. Fast food places pay more than that around here. My high-schooler makes $7.25 an hour...its her 1st job ever and she's only been there a month!
It is only part time, at most 30 hrs a week, and yes they pay very low and they are not budging on the price. THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!

Old 11-03-2008, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg80 View Post
Yea there are a few apartment complexes that could get you taken care of as for housing. There are a lot of jobs out here as well - especialy in the food industry so I wouldn't feel obligated to stick to the 1k/month job after you get settled in down here.
RG80: if u know of any apt complexes, specifically, in round rock that offer 'discounts', please priv. message me. Not found any yet and I was there in July.. the least expensive found is about $500 a month.. on $1300 a month, a car, etc, that does n ot leave anything to live on. According to my relative, who already lives in RR.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Round Rock has subsidized and low income housing if that's an option for you. Most apartment complexes offer it as well. I think even some landlords offer it for rental homes.
LOVE ROSES: It does? I have been on line looking and found no subsidized or lowincome housing.. as one moving from another state, dont u have to live in that state awhile and get on a waiting list for that? If you have any specific details like names and places of low income housing in round rock (the job is on north mays) please private message me. Thanks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin