Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2008, 10:55 AM

6 posts, read 32,324 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of relocating to Round Rock from Henderson Nevada. We are looking for a family community with good schools for our (2) Elementary sons and (1) Middle school son. I've heard both sides E. & W. of Round Rock are good. I would love an area with big trees, a little older home, with lots of character. My boys play soccer, water polo and one is in gymnastics. Any information on that would be helpful too. I am a substitute teacher and would like to continue with that and my husband is an Architect. We're coming out in the spring to check things out. We've lived here for 15 years and just want something more to offer our kids besides gaming and non-family oriented communites because people don't stay..Any information would be very appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 01:19 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeleeon View Post
We are thinking of relocating to Round Rock from Henderson Nevada. We are looking for a family community with good schools for our (2) Elementary sons and (1) Middle school son. I've heard both sides E. & W. of Round Rock are good. I would love an area with big trees, a little older home, with lots of character. My boys play soccer, water polo and one is in gymnastics. Any information on that would be helpful too. I am a substitute teacher and would like to continue with that and my husband is an Architect. We're coming out in the spring to check things out. We've lived here for 15 years and just want something more to offer our kids besides gaming and non-family oriented communites because people don't stay..Any information would be very appreciated
You might find this link helpful in identifying areas, since your kids are in Elementary & MS:

Texas School Performance Maps

Why Round Rock (as opposed to other areas)? & How much are you looking to spend?

There are dozens of areas that might meet your criteria. Good luck in your search.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:21 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
I'm not sure you'll find big trees in or near Round Rock or have an easy time getting into an older home but you'll be in an area would offer more opportunities for soccer, water polo and gymnastics.

The first thing you need to do is send off for your FREE Texas Travel Guide for your complete reference to things about Texas. There'll be a link over on the right side of the website to order. It's FREE.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeleeon View Post
Round Rock West subdivision is an older subdivision with lots of big trees.
It's on the west side if I35, just south of RRHS (Round Rock High School).
It's also got a nice little park tucked inside of it with geese and ducks.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:22 PM

6 posts, read 32,324 times
Thanks so much for all of your input. It's a great start and I did order the "free" guide to Texas. Thanks for that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin