Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 02:39 PM

1,133 posts, read 4,186,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm57553 View Post
That is one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard. It is the municipal worker's responsibility to leave things as they were when he got there.
Agreed. That's not very helpful to finding the dogs to tell the owner it's her fault. I'd be pissed if those were my dogs and he left my gate open. I don't see where the worker is getting slammed either... so why you gonna pick on the owner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 02:45 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,384,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm57553 View Post
That is one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard.
Thanks. If this is true then you must not get out much.

Quote:
It is the municipal worker's responsibility to leave things as they were when he got there.
Fine. I wasn't talking about it from a legal standpoint. Maybe the best solution is simply to sue the city - will they then go find the dogs?

My post was mainly a plea for people to not leave dogs outside behind an unlocked gate. Apparently, municipal workers sometimes make mistakes...

Old 11-20-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlanta hope View Post
Agreed. That's not very helpful to finding the dogs to tell the owner it's her fault. I'd be pissed if those were my dogs and he left my gate open. I don't see where the worker is getting slammed either... so why you gonna pick on the owner?
OK folks - nevermind.

Go ahead and leave your dogs behind unlocked gates unattended. I'll still look for them when they get lost.

Jeez...

Old 11-20-2008, 03:42 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
I understand what b.frank is trying to say...

It's not the municipal workers responsibility to watch that the dogs don't get out. That is the owners responsibility. If she knew there were going to be workers over there, then it was her responsibility to secure the dogs. She was at fault too.

With that being said, I still feel for the owner and hope that she recovers her dogs.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:44 PM

Default So as not to derail this thread further...

...let's refocus on the missing pups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okietransplant View Post
Please keep a lookout for these 2 dogs. A municipal worker left a gate open and sadly they disappeared. The owners are heartbroken.

In your travels if you spot these 2 dogs, please contact:

Last known location:austin, Texas United States
South Austin near William Cannon & Westgate

Call:(512) 633-3914

Thank you so much. I know city-data is an active and supportive community. Praying these precious dogs find their way home safely.

There is a sizeable reward for both of these dogs.
Okietransplant, I hope you know that I was not trying to "slam" your friend, the dog-owner.
The best of luck to her.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:38 PM

29 posts, read 85,961 times
thank you so much. oh how i wish that they are well and on an adventure!

mm57553 - in an ideal world you would hope for that, but unfortunately it rarely happens. accidents happen.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:45 PM

i think the worker was a meter reader. our meters are in the driveway, so i've never encountered a meter reader needing access to my yard. lol they'd have to make an appt.

the saddest thing is they were in the closed fenced yard for 1 hr while the owner was getting ready for work. if you knew this woman you would know how utterly devasted she is.

we have padlocks and even a deadbolt on our 3 fence gates. does my husband or son sometimes leave them unlocked? you bet!!

do i ream them for it? HAHA absolutely.

as humans we are far from perfect. Those dogs didn't know any better.

something else that is devastating to the owner is the neighbor SHOOED them out of her yard within minutes of them getting loose. no call to say, your dogs are out, etc.

i want to concentrate on the good ppl in this world and hope that in your travels, you might see them.

that would be the miracle i'm believing for.

thank you guys SO much for keeping your eyes open. you have no idea how much it means.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
...let's refocus on the missing pups.

Okietransplant, I hope you know that I was not trying to "slam" your friend, the dog-owner.
The best of luck to her.
no way! no offense taken. how else do we learn, but from our mistakes. the meter reader office wouldn't even tell her the man's name who was in the yard, so she can't get ANY info about what happened.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:56 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,935 times
20th October has been a while. I hope they are OK and please post when they are found. What a nightmare it must be for her.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:50 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,471,218 times
Wow. I missed the gone missing date. It's has been a really long time.

Have you been checking with the Boxer rescue groups?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: