U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-24-2007, 09:49 PM

109 posts, read 334,916 times
Default Quick trip to Austin

This forum has convinced my family and I to put Austin at the top of our list of cities to research for a place to live. The forum and the internet are amazing for research, but of course nothing replaces getting your butt out there to see everything for yourself. So, we are planning a trip to check out Austin for about 3-4 days.

Although there are many threads that discuss the great things to do in Austin, I would really like to know what we should do to show us the REAL Austin ... places where we can see the typical people, and really experience what day-to-day life would be like. In other words, perhaps not the best places for scenery, etc., but the best places to get a picture of what life and the locals are like there. For example, in San Diego, I'd recommend that you (in addition to the Zoo, ocean, etc.) add a stroll through the local DMV (department of motor vehicles) to see a true cross-section of the population.

BTW we are looking primarily at the NW areas (Westlake & Steiner Ranch regions). Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2007, 10:51 AM

257 posts, read 636,847 times
For me, the best place to interact with the people you would be living with is to go the mall. Lakeline Mall is really nice and in the vicinity of Steiner Ranch. It is off of 183 and 620. There are alot of restaurants in the area too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin