U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-20-2008, 10:04 AM

371 posts, read 731,323 times
Default Where to stay with two little kids?

We're coming to check out Austin (finally!!). We'll be making our trip in January for a week. During that time, we'll check out properties, neighborhoods, schools and I'll be going to a few job interviews.

We have two small children (4 and 2) that are very fussy with their sleep and go to bed at 7pm. We'll need/ want a full kitchen because we just can't afford to eat out the whole week (plus who wants to sit in restaurants for every meal with kids that young? LOL). Because the kids go to bed early, we want to be able to give them their own separate bedroom so that we can still have our evening and have access to the rest of the space without waking them. Most hotels are not set up that way or cost an arm and an leg for a two bedroom.

I'm thinking of bed and breakfasts, but most don't take children that young (or of any age), and B&B's are often nicely decorated with lots of nicknacks, which creates a lot of stress for me with a grabby 2 y.o. I'm also thinking of vacation rentals but it's overwhelming to find the right one with owners who will be honest and reliable.

Sooooooo .... thought you kind, knowledgable folks could offer some suggestions on B&B's and vacation rentals that are solid bets (or whatever other accomodations you think would suit our needs and be CHEAP - but not crappy )

Thanks all!

Last edited by Minier; 12-20-2008 at 11:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 12:26 PM

7 posts, read 9,693 times
We have 4 children ages 10 on down, and when they were small (the first 3 are in a less than 3 year span), we often stayed at extend stay suites places, because of the included kitchen and separate bedroom(s). I know that there are a bunch on 183 in the NW part of town (Extended Stay America, Residence Inn, Crossland), because I've been researching for the few days when we first get there.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:30 PM

330 posts, read 1,058,016 times
Default house

We are renting a house in Austin in the near future for our trip (just vacation). Check out gotvacationhomes.com She has rentals in San Antonio, Austin and I think Dallas area. Good Luck!!

Pam

Old 12-20-2008, 02:08 PM

2,701 posts, read 5,426,591 times
You might also try vacation rentals by owner (VRBO).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin