Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 08:14 PM

658 posts, read 2,006,793 times

Advertisements

The city of Austin has a bill that is composed of electric, water, wastewater, trash and street cleaning. The "service charges" on all these are out of sight as far as I am concerned. My last 2 bills were almost half "service charges".

$6 customer charge for electric
$6.25 customer charge for water
$8 customer charge for wastewater
$5 anti-litter charge
$8.75 base customer charge for trash
$7.15 comprehensive drainage fee
This totals $41.15 every month for "service charges".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 06:50 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times
Quote:
with a good well. We've never paid for our water before.
Yes, you have, the cost just showed up on your electric bill .

Old 01-15-2009, 08:00 PM

1,133 posts, read 4,186,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
Did y'all ever find anything?
We have a plumber coming out to check over everything. Let's see if the home warranty covers any of this stuff. We've been slack with following up with stuff here cause we've been in Atlanta trying to sell our house there... anyone interested in a cute craftsman bungalow that's near downtown and the zoo?

Old 01-17-2009, 01:30 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,232,642 times
Also, isn't something like a leak or a really high water bill something the sellers should have legally disclosed?

Old 01-18-2009, 06:58 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,124,507 times
Only if you can prove they knew about it.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:37 AM

3,787 posts, read 7,000,519 times
I've been looking at homes now since the Fall of 08. I don't recall ever seeing a home with a well. Are there any areas that have better well water than others? The house we have now, (that we are trying to sell) has a really good well. I've got this thing about water...I love it. I can water my outdoor plants without a worry. We've been here for 10 years and the water is pushing out as strong as ever. Because we were not in a position to purchase right away I saw some really sweet deals go by the wayside. I think it's going to be best if we can find something out in the country...unless we can find a home on a good sized lot. But this is subject to change as I'm becoming very wishy/washy. Between the search for a good school and a home without neighbors one foot away I've gone bonkers. Soon...we will be purchasing soon. *crosses fingers Actually, we are all at the point where we are ready and excited about the new adventure! Whew! Thank God!

Old 01-29-2009, 08:21 AM

786 posts, read 2,762,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots View Post
I've been looking at homes now since the Fall of 08. I don't recall ever seeing a home with a well. Are there any areas that have better well water than others? The house we have now, (that we are trying to sell) has a really good well. I've got this thing about water...I love it. I can water my outdoor plants without a worry. We've been here for 10 years and the water is pushing out as strong as ever. Because we were not in a position to purchase right away I saw some really sweet deals go by the wayside. I think it's going to be best if we can find something out in the country...unless we can find a home on a good sized lot. But this is subject to change as I'm becoming very wishy/washy. Between the search for a good school and a home without neighbors one foot away I've gone bonkers. Soon...we will be purchasing soon. *crosses fingers Actually, we are all at the point where we are ready and excited about the new adventure! Whew! Thank God!
Are you looking for houses with wells, or house with good well water? You can find the first, but it is debatable about the second.

If you want a house with a well look outside of Austin and outside of the planned communities. There are lots of houses on wells in the Dripping Springs area outside of the master planned communities such as Belterra, HighPointe and Rim Rock. All of these have MUDs to supply water. You would want to look in the older subdivisions such as Sunset Canyon and Heritage Oaks. However, the well water is hard and ours has an occasional sulfur smell.

You also have to make sure you have a good well that is not in danger of running dry. That has happened to a few houses lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin