Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 04:50 PM

3 posts, read 16,788 times

Advertisements

see attached picture of proposed project retail corner of 290 and 973
Attached Thumbnails
Manor TX - development-manor-tex-retail-project.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 04:56 PM

3 posts, read 16,788 times
Default approximately 750 single family lots and 15 acres of multifamily

Description

approximately 750 single family lots and 15 acres of multifamily. Preliminary Plat approved. Final Plat and construction Plans are under way for first 178 Lots. Ready to break ground early 2011.
In Austin ETJ near Manor Texas off of Old Highway 20 (across Old Highway 20 from Bell Farms subdivision). Minimal offsite utility costs. No City Taxes. Very reasonable development costs. Capital Metro has plans to bring commuter rail service at or near site with phase 2 expansion.
Attached Thumbnails
Manor TX - development-bell-farms-expansion-project.jpg  

Old 10-19-2010, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,604 times
Smile Manor, TX

I moved to Manor from Austin in 2008. I absolutely love the place. It is very peaceful and friendly...

I have a special needs child who has received more help in Manor ISD than I could have dreamed... Apparently, the Manor schools had issues in the past, but my understanding is that there was a complete overhaul and they are now doing extremely well. Let me tell you I never had the level of help and support from any school my child previously attended in the Austin School District. They have been amazing.

I do wish the HEB and Walmart would finally get built in Manor.. I was told when I bought my house in Jan 2008 that they were on the way..... I am with you on renovating downtown Manor.. there are some amazing historical houses that would be a big draw if they were painted and fixed up.... A metro rail from Manor to downtown Austin would be a fantastic addition.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:13 PM

3 posts, read 9,407 times
Default Coming to manor

Its been a while since anyone has posted on this thread. where you able to close on your home and move to manor after all? If so, how do you like it so far? I'm in the process of building and moving to manor myself. I'm noticing plenty of movement and some construction starting. Cvs pharmacy, mcdonlds and shadow glen golf course reopened. I can't wait, I hope my Neighbors are nice.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:57 PM

535 posts, read 1,294,896 times
Just in case you also didn't know, Manor will begin construction on a Walmart in Oct. 2012. Also, Manor will also be getting an Auto Zone, CVS Pharmacy and Walgreens in the near future.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:24 PM

70 posts, read 176,230 times
Technically its a pretty good location, except the schools.

Samsung jobs played any role in Manor development ?

Old 08-27-2012, 03:18 PM

3 posts, read 9,407 times
Thanks for the fyi on the construction....looks like the area is going to keep growing and continue developing. Im looking forward to the growth. Make me feel a lil more comfortable on my investment. How's the social scene in Shadowglen? is there one?

Old 08-27-2012, 07:53 PM

535 posts, read 1,294,896 times
Not sure about the "social scene" in Shadowglen. I don't really actually live in the city of Manor but more a few miles south of it in county. Manor just happens to be the closest "city" to my residence and after 5 years of traveling 12 miles to the closest grocery store I am looking forward to being able to save a little gas in the near future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin