U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 01-20-2009, 03:44 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,783,289 times
1508 Big Bend Dr, Cedar Park, TX 78613
This is exactly what we're looking for in a home. Can anyone give me an idea as to what type of neighborhood it's in? Are there local swimming pools, parks, shops (target), library, etc? How long of a commute downtown?

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 01-21-2009 at 11:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 01-20-2009, 04:06 PM

6,646 posts, read 9,500,313 times
I'm not familiar with that neighborhood, but I'd guess travel time (down 183A tollway/Mopac) to downtown would be about 25 minutes with no traffic and perhaps 50 min-1hr with traffic? Maybe someone else can confirm.

It's not complete yet (supposed to be done in the spring), but again you'll be close to the metrorail. You'd need to pick it up at the lakeline station:
All Systems Go Long-Range Transit Plan - CapMetro. That would take you directly to 78701, about 4 blocks from congress & first.

Unread 01-20-2009, 04:28 PM

15,355 posts, read 19,754,015 times
That house is in Cedar Park Town Center, has a community pool, playground, etc. However, that particular property is less than any other listing in the area by about $10,000 - most of the houses currently on the market are closer to $160,000 and up.

Unread 01-20-2009, 04:47 PM

544 posts, read 1,690,544 times
I'll through my hat into the ring here. I recently relocated from out of state. We finally settled on a place that is literally on the border of Round Rock and Pflugerville. We have a Round Rock address, but Pflugerville city utilities. Anyways, I love this area a lot. It is a quick jump to downtown off the 35. You have tons of shopping in Round Rock- including the outlets. There is not a very close mall that I would consider going to. I personally like Pflugerville a lot. The housing is cheaper than in Round Rock and cedar park. It has a quaint 'town' feel to it in the downtown areas. I have never felt unsafe.

I also spend a lot of time in Cedar Park as that is where a lot of our friends live and our church small group meets. Depending on where in Cedar Park, you have great shopping. My friend lives near Lakeline mall which is a nice mall, but a majority of those homes are older. My other friends live in a cute craftsman style community, but I really feel like there are out in the middle of no where. Cedar Park's main artery is the 1 (oops, yes you can tell I am from California with 'the' in front of 1 ). I like the 35 better, but maybe that's just because I am used to it. You do have quick access to the best Alamo Drafthouse, IMO, off the one in Cedar Park. I think the terrain in Cedar Park is better though. Seems to me to be much more trees in that area. I think they might have a better school district over PISD, but Round Rock ISD is great and services, well Round Rock, and parts of Cedar Park as well.

They really are two great places, I just prefer Pflugerville since you can get more bang for your buck and it has more of a smaller town feel to it. I would recommend just checking them both out. I am sure you can find someone here, especially a realtor, to show you around if you would like.

Unread 01-20-2009, 04:59 PM

2,150 posts, read 2,861,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
That house is in Cedar Park Town Center, has a community pool, playground, etc. However, that particular property is less than any other listing in the area by about $10,000 - most of the houses currently on the market are closer to $160,000 and up.
And it's already "Pending" sale, so it might have went quick. I can't see a listing date on Austinhomesearch.com. It is right next to the new 1890 Ranch shopping center. Like the MLS listing stated, the sellers were motivated due to relocation. Those deals are out there right now if you are able to jump on them though.

Unread 01-20-2009, 05:04 PM

15,355 posts, read 19,754,015 times
It was on the market almost 6 months over all.

Unread 01-21-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
How do Cedar Park, Round Rock, and Pflugerville compare in these areas:

1. the look of the neighborhoods with homes under $200K
2. schools
3. parks/pools
4. sports, gymnastics, etc
5. shopping, restaurants and movies
6. the commute downtown (Congress)
7. crime
8. general "vibe"

Unread 01-21-2009, 01:25 PM

2,220 posts, read 5,254,272 times
Quote:
I accidentally drove into Cedar Park Town Center when leaving my mother-in-law's house in Block House Creek a few weeks ago and there seemed to be an awful lot of vacant spec houses on the main street off of New Hope Rd. I'd never seen the amount of advertising in a spec house yard before. I got the impression they were really hurting to move properties. Probably some good deals to be negotiated if appearances are correct.

Unread 01-21-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungpv View Post
I accidentally drove into Cedar Park Town Center when leaving my mother-in-law's house in Block House Creek a few weeks ago and there seemed to be an awful lot of vacant spec houses on the main street off of New Hope Rd. I'd never seen the amount of advertising in a spec house yard before. I got the impression they were really hurting to move properties. Probably some good deals to be negotiated if appearances are correct.

I really like the look of this area.

Let me ask a question about property values between RR and CP:
one of the city comparisons showed RR prop values to have an 8% increase versus CP's increase of 2%. Is RR a better investment in the long run?

Unread 01-22-2009, 02:03 PM

99 posts, read 123,746 times
Default Moving

Wells Branch meets all your needs. Great schools, trails, pools with life guards, community rec center, library, close enough to commute anywhere.
There are always available rent houses in your range and $150,000 still can buy a nice house. We lived there for 5 years and still stay in touch with friends there.
Northwest Elementary serves the Pflugerville side. Round Rock also has elementary in area. Both are good schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin