Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2009, 03:51 PM

7 posts, read 22,897 times

Advertisements

Hi! My husband and I are planning a move in late 2009 to the North Austin/Cedar Park/Round Rock area. My husband will be working near the intersection of Palmer and Anderson Mill road. We are looking for a family friendly community that is heavily wooded with parks and other amentities. We don't need a huge lot, but have children and would like a decent sized yard. Our price range is $300-400k.

If you could give us your thoughts on the following neigborhoods (and provide some comparisons and contrasts), we'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance! If you have any other suggestions of a great neigborhood we're missing that meets our criteria, please add to the list.

1) Canyon Creek (we really liked the parks and trees in the neighborhood. I've heard it can be fairly heavy traffic getting from 620 to Anderson Mill)
2) Bella Vista (really nice views, could use some more trees, not much common greenspace)
3) The Ranch at Brushy Creek (did not get to see it--would be interested on how this neighborhood compares. Website looks nice)
4) Avery Ranch (did not get to see it--would be interested on how this neighborhood compares. Website looks nice)
5) Twin Creeks (very pretty neigborhood, but we are worried about the $120/month HOA dues and mandatory club fees)
6) The Preserve at Cypress Canyon (very wooded neigbhorhood, beautiful homes, no designated parkland, shares amenities with Deer Creek neighborhood).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 04:39 PM

298 posts, read 944,981 times
1) Canyon Creek (we really liked the parks and trees in the neighborhood. I've heard it can be fairly heavy traffic getting from 620 to Anderson Mill)

The majority of the homes are older, great schools

2) Bella Vista (really nice views, could use some more trees, not much common greenspace)

smaller neighborhood, great schools

3) The Ranch at Brushy Creek (did not get to see it--would be interested on how this neighborhood compares. Website looks nice)

easier commute to your work area, lots of trees, newest neighborhood

4) Avery Ranch (did not get to see it--would be interested on how this neighborhood compares. Website looks nice)

easier commute, more traffic goes through than I would like, neighborhood is divided between RRISD & LISD

5) Twin Creeks (very pretty neigborhood, but we are worried about the $120/month HOA dues and mandatory club fees)

The HOA fees are $30 per month and the club fees are $80 per month for a total of $120 per month (about $50-60 more per month than the other areas, but they have a gym with aerobics classes, so you wouldn't have to get a seperate gym membership), lots of walking areas and parks

6) The Preserve at Cypress Canyon (very wooded neigbhorhood, beautiful homes, no designated parkland, shares amenities with Deer Creek neighborhood).[/quote]

beautiful lots but it might be hard to get in there under $400K

You might also drive through River Place and Steiner Ranch, a little further, but great schools and amenities for the kids

Also check out Westside Preserve at Buttercup Creek...lots of families

Old 02-19-2009, 05:42 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,122,230 times

easier commute to your work area, lots of trees, newest neighborhood

This is also split amongst LISD and RRISD.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:19 PM

20 posts, read 134,643 times
We just got a house in the Cypress Canyon area and we love it. The rating on the schools cannot get any better. We love it.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:10 AM

7 posts, read 22,897 times
Thanks so much for your replies so far. It sounds like The Ranch at Brushy Creek might be a really good choice based on amount of trees and commute. Is it more wooded than Avery Ranch? Do both neighborhoods have the same feel? One of our top priorities is to avoid "cookie cutter" neighborhoods without trees. Keep any additional thoughts coming on which neighborhoods might be best for us.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:34 AM

1,035 posts, read 4,464,669 times
The Ranch at Brushy Creek is more wooded overall. To me, it has the feel of a "semi-custom homes" neighborhood. Avery Ranch has a more "master-planned community" look to it. Both are nice.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:17 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,685,553 times
I don't live on that side of town, but I'd agree about The Ranch at Brushy Creek. It IS more wooded around there and I believe you'd also be close to the park over there.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:51 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,122,230 times
I live in the Ranch at Brushy creek and lived in Avery Ranch for a year. PM me if have any more questions about either community.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,330 times
Hmmmm, I live in the Ranch at Brushy Creek and only pay $37 per month in HOA dues. Club fees? What club fees? Where are you getting this information?

Old 05-17-2011, 01:33 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,542,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarparkmomma View Post
Hmmmm, I live in the Ranch at Brushy Creek and only pay $37 per month in HOA dues. Club fees? What club fees? Where are you getting this information?
momma, the thread is over two years old and the club fees mentioned were at Twin Creeks. Would be interesting to find out where 'steph' ended up...been well over a year since she posted last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin