Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 12:19 PM

20 posts, read 107,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko75 View Post
Regarless of where you move to I-35 is a nightmare, 24/7. From Temple, I can be in downtown Austin in 45 min, but at any rush hour that time almost doubles.
So can we take the toll road then instead from those places in RR? Is it quicker in rush hour?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 12:26 PM

20 posts, read 107,275 times
Thanks all again for providing some insight...

Old 03-04-2009, 12:48 PM

1,035 posts, read 4,451,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zolidze View Post
So can we take the toll road then instead from those places in RR? Is it quicker in rush hour?
I'm assuming you're talking about the toll love roses said you'd be living near--130. I'm not sure if it would help your commute to downtown in rush hour or not. It curves pretty far out and ends up in Manor--its more of a bypass than another way to get to downtown.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:49 PM

15,237 posts, read 35,431,654 times
I have friends that take the toll road to get to downtown and say that it is quicker and less stressful than I-35. I have not taken it during rush hour, so have no idea myself.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:24 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,189,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zolidze View Post
Yes, you can take the toll road, and, yes, in rush hour I'd think it would be faster even though it does go out to the east, because there's much less traffic on it than on IH35 and it doesn't have the "bottlenecks" that occur in places on IH35 for no logical reason.

It starts on IH35 north of Georgetown (there are 3 or four Georgetown exits, I believe), and runs all the way down past 71 now.

And, no, Georgetown is not "isolated" - it's a whole 5 minutes further from Austin than Round Rock is unless you live in the part of Round Rock that merges into Pflugerville and North Austin, in which case, maybe 10 minutes. It has much to do besides the river - there's the Goodwater Trail, there's Southwestern University and the options offered there, there's Wolfe Ranch for shopping plus all the local shops, there's Lake Georgetown, there's various events and festivals - and, as I said, five minutes down the road is Round Rock. It all depends on what you're really looking for.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:44 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,591,787 times
I agree with all of the above. The toll road doesn't have the rush hour problems 35 does. It gets heavy around the airport but otherwise fine.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:47 PM

2,627 posts, read 6,547,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
I agree with all of the above. The toll road doesn't have the rush hour problems 35 does. It gets heavy around the airport but otherwise fine.
True, but I don't know how much time someone would save by taking the toll road if they lived in those new apartments in Round Rock right by I-35 and the outlet mall. I think any time they would save would be eaten up by the time it takes to get over to the toll road. They would need to live further East in Round Rock for it to really be beneficial in my opinion.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:24 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,591,787 times
Yeah, it'd be easier to get to 35 as it's a little closer.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,618 times
Zolidze: What did you decide? Did you move into Las Brisas? We are looking at that complex as well so I am curious to hear what you think.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:19 PM

171 posts, read 788,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaund44 View Post
I recently looked at georgetown TX and was disappointed. I am moving from boston and have to say ive been to cleveland, I hope you see this place before you make any commitmnts. the commute is tough and you can get a decent place in a town like pflugervlle for 1000 dollars. Im not knocking georgetown or texas for that matter but im moving to texas and found living closer to the city if a must if you are to feel at ease wth a big move like this. I have never seen so much burnt grass, but the price is right. My career is bringing me to austin so im going regardless, but I would like some more green and someone in ohio i feel would have similar feelings. I hope you like Gtown but check out some more city type area for your own well being. I do not think you will be walking anywhere for anything especially groceries. Goodluck
I know this is an older post...but I just wanted to chime in and defend poor little burnt/dry grass Georgetown! Williamson and Travis County have had the driest year in recent history. There were burn bans in effect and emergency drought levels had been reached. Since then there's been many rainshowers and the green grass and wildflowers were beautiful. Sorry you missed it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin