Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Excited to move to Austin Texas, football culture, Christian minded people, beautiful women of all cultures, friendly people, young professionals

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 04:42 PM

174 posts, read 500,324 times

Advertisements

and What happened to Jesus again? oh yeah I forgot he was crucified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROY DUBOSE View Post
if one is a good person, they will find good people in Gaza or Somalia -- if you are a person that lives in fear and lothing, a chip on your shoulder and a club in your hand, you'll find a fight -- no matter where you live

judge not lest you be judged
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 05:47 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,611,633 times
What exactly does Jesus have to do with it?

Old 03-08-2009, 06:48 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,337,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude72 View Post

Old 03-08-2009, 08:24 PM

322 posts, read 746,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude72 View Post
I wish they still had a button for negative reputation for times like these.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:03 PM

174 posts, read 500,324 times
What does "judge not lest you be judged" have to do with it?
"if one is a good person, they will find good people" really???

Once again, without fail we get another "well if you don't like, it isn't really your fault"
Wow really!!!

Then if that's the problem then how exactly does moving to Austin change anything? it doesn't!
I'm sorry if my comments seem negative, but that might have something to do with Austinite's "this is the coolest city to live in" cult like positivity, also know as brainwashing.

Last edited by thedude72; 03-08-2009 at 09:24 PM..

Old 03-09-2009, 08:05 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,277,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSUBlime View Post
Wait...what? People have all these misconceptions about humidity in Texas, and now I see where they stem from...

These be the facts:
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Both fairly humid--if it makes you feel better though, they haven't beaten Houston which has a wonderful average 90% relative humidity (morning) and 63% relative humidity (afternoon).
I'd want to see the average dew points for each city as well. The dew point is what really determines the "comfort" of the air, much more so than relative humidity. Everywhere I've been east of Austin has felt significantly more "muggy" than Austin does, with it drying out as you go west.

Last edited by Yac; 04-06-2009 at 07:54 AM..

Old 03-10-2009, 11:02 PM

2,271 posts, read 5,128,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jread View Post
I'd want to see the average dew points for each city as well. The dew point is what really determines the "comfort" of the air, much more so than relative humidity. Everywhere I've been east of Austin has felt significantly more "muggy" than Austin does, with it drying out as you go west.
Do you mean East as in Washington D.C, because...

Washington D.C.

History : Weather Underground

Austin
History : Weather Underground

looks like they've got the lower dew point, as I suspected. I don't know why people don't believe Austin's got a little heat on it, (it might be less than places in Southeast Texas) but that's not saying much.

Last edited by theSUBlime; 03-10-2009 at 11:18 PM..

Old 03-10-2009, 11:08 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,277,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSUBlime View Post
Looks like they've got the lower dew point, as I suspected. I don't know why people don't believe Austin's got a little heat on it, (it might be less than other places in Texas) but that's not saying much.
They are closer than I thought they would be.

I would never argue that Austin is hotter than the pits of hell for a big part of the year (it's the only thing I really hate about this city), but it not "muggy" all that often. It usually feels pretty dry except for the rainy season in the Spring (though rain is pretty rare here anymore).

Old 03-11-2009, 10:18 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,246,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jread View Post
They are closer than I thought they would be.

I would never argue that Austin is hotter than the pits of hell for a big part of the year (it's the only thing I really hate about this city), but it not "muggy" all that often. It usually feels pretty dry except for the rainy season in the Spring (though rain is pretty rare here anymore).
not Muggy...NOT MUGGY. My glasses steamed up nearly everytime I stepped out of my car. Feels like Im opening up the Dishwasher in Austin. Pretty Dry compared to what, your shower?

Old 03-11-2009, 11:54 AM

3,757 posts, read 9,033,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
not Muggy...NOT MUGGY. My glasses steamed up nearly everytime I stepped out of my car. Feels like Im opening up the Dishwasher in Austin. Pretty Dry compared to what, your shower?
When we moved here in the summer of '99 from Newport, RI we thought it was downright dry. I guess it all depends on your point of reference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin