Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 04:38 PM

947 posts, read 3,139,770 times

Advertisements

Last spring was narly. I felt like I was in the wizard of oz when I ran to my daughters room to bring her downstairs and put her in the closet. At the time we had our Christmas snowman in there and all she talked about for days was waking up near a snowman. She was 2 1/2 at the time and still has a fascination with snowmen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 04:39 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,060,121 times
Was there was a tornado in the Austin area last year?

Old 03-25-2009, 05:07 PM

739 posts, read 3,057,311 times
Holy hail batman! hah! First hail storm. Nice. So random since it was 70 something today and we get hail.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:13 PM

207 posts, read 858,871 times
Holy hail is right. The house got hammered here in Round Rock and my wife said her car was taking a beating at work. One of her co-workers lost a rear window.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:18 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,060,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourbound129 View Post
Holy hail is right. The house got hammered here in Round Rock and my wife said her car was taking a beating at work. One of her co-workers lost a rear window.
On another thread someone asked whether one really needed a garage here in Central TX. I responded that severe weather necessitated it and someone else responded only if you are anal about your car do you need a garage or carport. Now, is it anal to want an intact rear window? I must be anal!

Old 03-25-2009, 05:23 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,879,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCalitoSteinerRanch View Post
So I am sitting in my home office, and I hear a tap, tap, tap, then a scraping noise, then another set of taps, and then the same scraping noise. I go outside just to make sure there's not a critter there, but there is none.

So I tap on the wall and the noise stops. It eventually resumes. My wife said she heard something upstairs a couple of day ago, but it is caddy corner, and one floor up. What could be able to move inside of walls such a great distance, or more importantly, what could it be?
Could be a rat or squirrel. Do you have trees around your roof? They'll most likely get in that way. Once they are in the attic, they could go into the walls. Usually they are just seeking shelter, not living there permanently. When you next hear the noise, you could pop up one of your attic doors, and if it stops, that's probably where they (or it) is coming from. You can wait until they leave, then check the gables/vents/roof for holes and patch them up. Otherwise, you can trap them or call a company to do so. Then patch.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:24 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,879,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
On another thread someone asked whether one really needed a garage here in Central TX. I responded that severe weather necessitated it and someone else responded only if you are anal about your car do you need a garage or carport. Now, is it anal to want an intact rear window? I must be anal!
Carport wouldn't have helped the person who got their windshield taken out at work... I think hailstorms usually occur in the afternoon (like now), so it's likely you'd be at work anyway when your car is hit!

Old 03-25-2009, 05:35 PM

29 posts, read 107,556 times
I'm glad to have the rain, but we also had a lot of hail in Cedar Park about an hour ago:
Photo

Old 03-25-2009, 06:14 PM

61 posts, read 120,838 times
I was driving at 45 Toll road one hour ago.
It was pretty scary, I thought for sure my car's roof top is messed up.
To my surprise, it does not have a noticeable dent.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:22 PM

447 posts, read 1,849,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourbound129 View Post
I'm wondering if my husband and your wife and her co-worker work at the same place. My husband got an e-mail from his co-worker saying her rear windshield was taken out. Law firm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin