U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 08:24 PM

622 posts, read 956,135 times

Advertisements

Methinks MrMarty is using the wonderful art of sarcasm.

Or he's on crack.

Either way that post was hilarious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 08:26 PM

4,699 posts, read 6,974,824 times
Saw a white pickup truck parked at Central Market (the original) with foot-high block letters on the rear tailgate that said DON"T MOVE HERE!

I instantly thought of City-Data and various posters who might own it. Who knows? Perhaps it was someone stocking up for a drive back to San Antonio!

Old 10-07-2009, 07:34 AM

1,618 posts, read 4,391,647 times
Sad to see this happen to the "OP" which is now "I think" is back in Phoenix, AZ.

Needing a part time job, I lost my luggage on the Greyhound serivice

Quote:
Hey, I just got into town, and I am on foot or a drifter. I lost my baggage with my personal belongings on a Greyhound trip out of Texas.

Now, I am without clothing, and I am needing help or tips on how to find a part time job here in Phoenix.

Thanks
I am not sure why the OP even attempted to go back to Phoenix after reading this: Anyone on unemployment?.

Last edited by Mike78613; 10-07-2009 at 07:48 AM..

Old 10-07-2009, 12:41 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,358,237 times
I don't know how old you are but some life experience will help. Not your fault, just the way it is. Aside from that, Austin isn't for everyone. Different things are more valuable to different people-- again, it is what it is. It sounds like you have some idea of what you like and what you dislike and are going after it. I hope you find what you are looking for.

As for those who are concerned about being accepting because you aren't white, I wouldn't worry. There is a smaller diverse community here than other places, but in my opinion the town is very accepting. I wouldn't necessarily connect the ratio of diversity with the receptiveness of the rest of the population. That being said, if you are diverse (is there a better term than this?) or a religion that does not fall into the mainstream, you might be more comfortable somewhere with a larger population of like race/religion/creed.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:29 PM

22 posts, read 25,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cls88 View Post
I was just trying to figure out if there are many people out there who don't care being smiled at. After all, smiling is a way of communication. If the other party resent it, I'd not try to do it.
I prefer receiving a bow or curtsy myself.....

Old 10-07-2009, 06:57 PM

22 posts, read 25,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonhardt View Post
in elementary school, they would get upset at me and my sister for our language and taught us how to speak english.
They are to be commended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin