Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 01:24 PM

439 posts, read 1,256,699 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have and opinion on this neigborhood? My husband likes that the lots are big and they have 3 car garages. Is it a bad area? the prices seem low to us.

Debbie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 06:01 PM

207 posts, read 858,811 times
The neighborhood seems pretty good for the most part. My parents bought a lot and built a home there about 3 years ago. The majority of the homes are several years older.

The 1/2 acre lot was certainly a draw for them as well since they were coming from a 1 acre lot in Pflugerville.

The nice thing is they are just in the county and so don't pay any city taxes.

If you have specific questions I can try to help.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:56 PM

433 posts, read 1,657,776 times
Sounds familiar....does MM have a bunch of 4000+ sqft KB homes for under $300K?

Old 05-12-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbnj07 View Post
Sounds familiar....does MM have a bunch of 4000+ sqft KB homes for under $300K?
It has some and so does Greenridge right next to it.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:36 AM

My son lives in Greenridge right behind Morningside Meadows. When we have come to visit, hubby noticed all the large lots and 3 car garages in Morningside Meadows. I just need to know if it is in a safe area and anything else you could tell me about it.

Debbie

Old 05-13-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
My son lives in Greenridge right behind Morningside Meadows. When we have come to visit, hubby noticed all the large lots and 3 car garages in Morningside Meadows. I just need to know if it is in a safe area and anything else you could tell me about it.

Debbie
We live in Greenridge as well; small world. We like the area. We don't really care for the apartment complex nearby but I guess you can't have everything. I haven't heard anything happen in Greenridge or Morningside Meadows that would make me feel unsafe around here. I'm sure my parents would have told me if they had heard of anything.

Like you said there are alot of 1/2 acre lots in MM. It is in Williamson County and is part of Round Rock's ETJ but I don't believe my parents have received any notice of annexation as of yet. So you would still be free of city taxes for atleast a few more years. Greenridge is in Travis County and part of a planned Pflugerville annexation in December 2010.

The one thing I hate is the lack of city utilities. Manville is reasonable for a water company but the Wastewater company, Windermere Utilities, is rediculous. The base rate is $28 before you even use a gallon of water. The averaging months are December, January, and February. I used as little as I could (no lawn watering, LG High Efficiency washing machine, shorter showers) and I still have to pay $40/month just for the right to flush my toilet. Thats just the wastewater. Then have to pay Manville a water bill on top of that. Sad thing is they have rights over this area and eventhough we are being annexed by Pflugerville we don't have the option to get Pflugerville water.

Last edited by tourbound129; 05-13-2009 at 09:19 AM..

Old 05-13-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourbound129 View Post
The one thing I hate is the lack of city utilities. Manville is reasonable for a water company but the Wastewater company, Windermere Utilities, is rediculous. The base rate is $28 before you even use a gallon of water. The averaging months are December, January, and February. I used as little as I could (no lawn watering, LG High Efficiency washing machine, shorter showers) and I still have to pay $40/month just for the right to flush my toilet. Thats just the wastewater. Then have to pay Manville a water bill on top of that. Sad thing is they have rights over this area and eventhough we are being annexed by Pflugerville we don't have the option to get Pflugerville water.
Does this water issue appy to Morningside Meadows too, same water/watse companies, etc. Can you ask your parents for more info for me? anything they don't like and wish they could change.

Thanks,Debbie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin