U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 11:31 AM

14,268 posts, read 19,642,735 times
http://www.capmetro.org/riding/current_schedules/maps/system_map.pdf (broken link)

PTS: Shuttle Map - System-Wide (http://www.utexas.edu/parking/transportation/shuttle/austin-bus.html - broken link)

UT Shuttle Routes - Riding Capital Metro - Capital Metro Transit - Austin, TexasCapital Metro Transit - Austin, Texas (http://www.capmetro.org/riding/schedules_ut.asp - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 11:37 AM

4,562 posts, read 6,536,665 times
Ha! Cptn you beat me to it!

But here is another link as well:

PTS: Shuttles

Old 06-04-2009, 11:40 AM

120 posts, read 221,194 times
thanks guys! I looked, and it apprears that I can get on the 37 bus and get there in 20 minutes.

No one takes the bus where I live so that will be a little different (and nice) for me.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:04 PM

1,006 posts, read 1,071,925 times
Mueller to U.T is also very bikeable. Getting under I35 at Airport can be a little scary, and there is a nasty bit of uphill on 38th, but once you hit Speedway, there are bike lanes and it is mostly flat. If you lived in French Place, you could basically walk.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:18 PM

318 posts, read 436,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondo1984 View Post

I wouldn't mind being in the dreaded "east side" because I have drive around there and it is rather nice and kind of it's own little community.
Thank you!

"Don't live in the east side" comes up everytime someone asks about Austin. I really start to resent that remark.

I live east and love my neighborhood.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeinatx View Post
Mueller to U.T is also very bikeable. Getting under I35 at Airport can be a little scary, and there is a nasty bit of uphill on 38th, but once you hit Speedway, there are bike lanes and it is mostly flat. If you lived in French Place, you could basically walk.

bike all that way! what do you do in the rain?
I guess I would have to get a bike with a basket. hmm i might consider this

Old 06-05-2009, 12:19 PM

1,006 posts, read 1,071,925 times
"bike all that way! what do you do in the rain?
I guess I would have to get a bike with a basket. hmm i might consider this"

What rain? Wait for it to stop or put the bike on the bus!!

Old 06-05-2009, 12:25 PM

ahh I see... never thought about putting it on the bus! I am used to a climate where daily rainshowers are a part of life, so maybe I will be in for a big surprise!

Old 06-07-2009, 07:34 AM

938 posts, read 2,228,413 times
You could also bike up to the UT shuttle stop (Cameron Road route) at Cameron Road & Broadmoor. You would have less than a 10 minute shuttle ride to campus if you get on at this point. Probably 20 minutes on the way back. The UT shuttle buses also have bike racks.

I took the 37 to campus a few times when the UT shuttles aren't running. It will get you there, but drops you off farther from campus than the UT shuttle, and takes a bit longer, as it has many stops between Mueller and the UT area. The frequency of the 37 is about 30 minutes, compared to 12 minutes for the Cameron Road UT shuttle bus. You'd have to get off the bus around I-35 and Dean Keeton and walk/cycle to the actual heart of campus...probably 3/4 to 1 mile in distance. The law school is a bit closer. The 37 is great for getting downtown, however. There is also a "night owl" bus (485) that goes through Muller and picks up intoxicated people from 6th street at 12:10am, 1:10am, 2:10am, and 3:10am. When I had time to party during grad school, the night owl worked great as it completely eliminated having to get any kind of sober driver.

I lived about a mile north of Mueller off of Cameron Road for the past two years while getting my master's at UT. Overall, it was a pretty good place to live during grad school. Much cheaper than West Campus or Hyde Park, and very convenient to almost everything in Austin. The neighborhood is also much more integrated than the rest of Austin as another poster mentioned. Lots of people of different ethnicities and ages. Not that many other students, however.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OA 5599 View Post
You could also bike up to the UT shuttle stop (Cameron Road route) at Cameron Road & Broadmoor. You would have less than a 10 minute shuttle ride to campus if you get on at this point. Probably 20 minutes on the way back. The UT shuttle buses also have bike racks.

I took the 37 to campus a few times when the UT shuttles aren't running. It will get you there, but drops you off farther from campus than the UT shuttle, and takes a bit longer, as it has many stops between Mueller and the UT area. The frequency of the 37 is about 30 minutes, compared to 12 minutes for the Cameron Road UT shuttle bus. You'd have to get off the bus around I-35 and Dean Keeton and walk/cycle to the actual heart of campus...probably 3/4 to 1 mile in distance. The law school is a bit closer. The 37 is great for getting downtown, however. There is also a "night owl" bus (485) that goes through Muller and picks up intoxicated people from 6th street at 12:10am, 1:10am, 2:10am, and 3:10am. When I had time to party during grad school, the night owl worked great as it completely eliminated having to get any kind of sober driver.

I lived about a mile north of Mueller off of Cameron Road for the past two years while getting my master's at UT. Overall, it was a pretty good place to live during grad school. Much cheaper than West Campus or Hyde Park, and very convenient to almost everything in Austin. The neighborhood is also much more integrated than the rest of Austin as another poster mentioned. Lots of people of different ethnicities and ages. Not that many other students, however.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Your advice is wonderful.

Now, one more BUS uestion. I need to get to FAR south campus..... on the edge of campus. So, that is why I was thinking the 37 bus would be OK. Do you think the Cameron Road bus could bring me there in the same amount of time as you mentioned earlier?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin