U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-24-2009, 12:01 PM

63 posts, read 76,313 times
Default Anyone done the toilet rebate program with CoA?

City of Austin has put the free toilet program on hold until January 2010, but they're still doing the toilet rebate program for old toilets. Has anyone done this? If so, did you encounter any problems getting your rebate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 12:05 PM

14,071 posts, read 18,460,583 times
I have not participated in that particular program but I have gotten several other rebates from the CoA for energy conservation improvements; solar screens, insulation, duct sealing, high efficiency HVAC units. All were received within a month of completing the requirements.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:59 PM

956 posts, read 3,146,140 times
Are there income minimums for this free toilet program in Jan 2010? Our 4yo cracked the tank top in his bathroom :P

Otherwise - is there anywhere you can buy just the tank top

Old 06-24-2009, 01:10 PM

8,457 posts, read 16,807,327 times
Like Cptn, I have not availed myself of the toilet program, but we replaced an old 'fridge and received the rebate w/o problems, although I can't remember the time frame.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:23 PM

63 posts, read 76,313 times
Thanks for the responses.

The program says that for the rebate, they won't cover the tax you pay on whatever toilet you buy, which I thought a little odd. And they will only cover the bowl and the tank - so they won't cover the bolts, wax ring, and toilet seat ... but for a bunch of the qualifying toilets on the list, they are sold at Lowe's and HD in all-in-one packages with that stuff included. I was just wondering if anyone had been denied a rebate because of this.

Indigo - below is a link to the toilet info. No income restrictions at all. For the rebate program, they'll reimburse you up to $200 per toilet that you replace for toilets that were made before 1996. My questions above were my only concerns with this program. For the free toilet program, info is at this site as well.
City of Austin - Residential Toilet Replacement Program

Old 06-24-2009, 06:19 PM

956 posts, read 3,146,140 times
Thank you BlueBear Looks like our toilets are too new. I'll have to figure out where to find a new tank top Grr acrobatic 4yo grr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin