Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 04:00 PM

544 posts, read 1,664,310 times

Advertisements

i have a tune running through my head that i can't shake -- like so many other songs, i've got the chorus imbedded and have lost the verse -- chorus goes like this

i've been lost in austin
juiced in houston
don't remember dallas
but dallas won't be soon forgetting me
i've been up in fort worth
down in brownsville
way out in el paso
so it's T for Texas
and J&B for me!

anybody got a title, artist, or link?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 04:14 PM

539 posts, read 1,735,033 times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZC6HoiHb2w

Panama Red

Old 07-07-2009, 08:28 AM

544 posts, read 1,664,310 times
Whoooohoooooo!!!!!!! Thanks so much --

Old 03-27-2012, 10:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,446 times
Default Lost in Austin

Roy
I wrote this song with Charlie Williams in 1976, after carrying around the first couple of lines for two or three years. Tonight I was idly playing on the computer and Googled "Lost in Austin".
I was completely flummoxed by the number of times the phrase has come up in pop usage, not to mention the number of times it's been used (since me and Charlie) for songs. Must be at least a dozen Lost in Austins out there. Not to mention the reality show or whatever it is.
I was gratified to come across your two-year-old post in re the song, and wanted to personally thank you for liking it. Or maybe it was just annoying you to death. I always like to say if I can just reach one person out there then I'm a success.
Anyway, thanks
Panama Red

Old 05-21-2013, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,154 times
Huh! All these years, I thought that Bobby Bare wrote that song. I think Jerry Jeff Walker does that song too, I'm pretty sure. My exhusband use to like another song that Bobby Bare did, called "Making Rosie Proud of Me," about a washed up old rodeo rider. I never heard of you, Panama Red; however, I have heard the song, "Panama Red," done by Peter Rowen. I'm sorry I never heard of you; but, I'm glad to know of you. "Lost in Austin" is a good old song; although, many of us hung up are bottles of J & B for iced tea.

Last edited by flickknight; 05-21-2013 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: Forgot to mention I'm commenting on "Lost in Austin."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin