U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 01:30 AM

111 posts, read 227,903 times
Our house is up for sale in SoCal. I just hope we can sell as well...<sigh>
Our new house is supposed to be ready mid July.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2007, 09:47 AM

13 posts, read 20,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TERRIE View Post
....glad your experience has been a good one....we are checking out austin from hawaii next week.. hope to move by the end of june ..i hope we have the same good luck you did.....
Hi Terrie, I wish you a good luck. Would you mind telling us your thoughts and action after your visit when you have a chance.

Old 04-28-2007, 09:51 AM

573 posts, read 1,747,215 times
Quote:
....glad your experience has been a good one....we are checking out austin from hawaii next week.. hope to move by the end of june ..i hope we have the same good luck you did.....
We have neighbors from one of the Islands. The first thing they did was buy a boat, and they are now back on the water all the time!

Old 04-28-2007, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisey31 View Post
Our house is up for sale in SoCal. I just hope we can sell as well...<sigh>
Our new house is supposed to be ready mid July.
Daisey,
I hope you house is sold soon. Where in SoCal? My house was sold in 2 months. In fact, we had 4 offers and the last one was the best one. We are in Irvine and renting month to month now while waiting for Austin house.

Old 04-28-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStaff View Post
Daisey,
I hope you house is sold soon. Where in SoCal? My house was sold in 2 months. In fact, we had 4 offers and the last one was the best one. We are in Irvine and renting month to month now while waiting for Austin house.
We are in the new area of Corona. We lived in Irvine for about 15 years before moving here. Actually we moved to RSM before here and then traded a townhouse for a big house. We have only been on the market for a week. I am just nervous as my new house will be ready the middle of July. Which city did you sell in?

Gina

Old 04-29-2007, 10:22 PM

Quote:
We are in the new area of Corona. We lived in Irvine for about 15 years before moving here. Actually we moved to RSM before here and then traded a townhouse for a big house. We have only been on the market for a week. I am just nervous as my new house will be ready the middle of July. Which city did you sell in?

Gina
Gina,
We sold in Irvine too. Prior to that, we lived in Laguna Niguel. I have a friend live in Corona off Sumner Ave and Blossom Way. He is not selling his house but he told me one house went to escrow after a few days on the market. But they priced it right. Because, there are a couple of other houses sitting on the market for months he told me. I really hope you have a lot of people coming to see your house

Old 04-30-2007, 09:33 AM

Oh, they are down in the valley. We are lucky enough to be up against the mountains.
I know it will sell, and I know I really don't WANT it to sell until June, so I only have to move once. I am just nervous. I so love my new house, I hate the thought of losing it. Of course, I LOVE my old house too, so go figure.
We are very lucky in that we don't have a set time we HAVE to be in Austin for my husbands work. The job moves when he does. The only risk I am running is of losing my $5000 deposit. The thought makes me a little nauseous, but my family assures me that it is the cost of doing business.

Last edited by Daisey31; 04-30-2007 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: Added Comment

Old 04-30-2007, 09:40 AM

Quote:
I am originally from Kailua. Welcome to a fellow Kama'aina. Well, welcome once I live there...LOL...

Last edited by Daisey31; 04-30-2007 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-01-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Oh, they are down in the valley. We are lucky enough to be up against the mountains.
I know it will sell, and I know I really don't WANT it to sell until June, so I only have to move once. I am just nervous. I so love my new house, I hate the thought of losing it. Of course, I LOVE my old house too, so go figure.
We are very lucky in that we don't have a set time we HAVE to be in Austin for my husbands work. The job moves when he does. The only risk I am running is of losing my $5000 deposit. The thought makes me a little nauseous, but my family assures me that it is the cost of doing business.
We also didn't want to move twice especially with 2 little ones. The house here was sold about 2 months earlier and I didn't have a choice really. But we are excited, and looking forward to the move eventually. It is a big change for us. We have only 2 friends and a relative in Austin. But they all live far from River Place.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:05 PM

110 posts, read 418,857 times
daisey-- Kailua-Kona???

that is our favorite place on earth!!! less than 4 weeks until we return! We hope, with the lower cost of living here in TX, that we can swing a little condo in Kona
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin