Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 12:06 PM

2,211 posts, read 4,849,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whymeidontknow View Post
The fact its a female teacher and male student makes 0 difference. Stop living in the past, we all are equal now. EQUAL
I disagree. Regardless of how far we come as a society, it is a fact that physically bigger people can threaten and beat physically smaller people. Men are usually bigger than women, and it is quite common for women to be the victims of abuse, both physical or mental.

But, according to you, everyone is equal. I would laugh at you, but the situation is really to sad. I guess that's why a man is raped every 6 minutes in this country. OH WAIT.

Last edited by JayBrown80; 04-22-2010 at 12:21 PM.. Reason: got my facts wrong, corrected the seconds with minutes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 12:06 PM

9 posts, read 10,749 times
it is a power trip to snatch anything from any person for any reason other then self defense / defense of another. cops get a pass for this because they do hold the power to take items from others. a judge does not hold the same power unless a court order is issued, nor does the president of the united states have the right to take your possessions like that. Moderator cut: personal

Old 04-22-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
it is a power trip to snatch anything from any person for any reason other then self defense / defense of another. cops get a pass for this because they do hold the power to take items from others. a judge does not hold the same power unless a court order is issued, nor does the president of the united states have the right to take your possessions like that. if u don't agree u sir are worse then hitler.
Moderator cut: orphaned

Your personal attacks aside, I would take apart your points one by one and prove they are wrong, but why bother? You are doing such a great job all by yourself.

EDIT. Sorry Trainwreck, I was typing this as the post was being altered. I didn't know.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrown80 View Post
I guess that's why a man is raped every 6 seconds in this country. OH WAIT.
you really believe a woman gets raped every 6secs in this country? i assume you are talking about USA and not some backwater country where beating women and holding them back is the norm. If you truly believe that stat... well i dont know what to say other then do the math.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
What you really mean is:
sorry i live in the real world where you "take" something you might just get punched in the face for it. wrong or right. That is why we need the rules to be clear and not give people authority that are not trained to handle these situations. Are you really trying to say the teacher handled the situation as best as possible and this kid is a demon trapped in a 17yr old body? get real man

Old 04-22-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
you really believe a woman gets raped every 6secs in this country? i assume you are talking about USA and not some backwater country where beating women and holding them back is the norm. If you truly believe that stat... well i dont know what to say other then do the math.
Mea Culpa. I meant to say every 6 minutes. I am not sure how I can "do the math" as you say.....not that I need to, because according to you men and women are totally equal.

Violence Against Women - A Fact Sheet

Old 04-22-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
sorry i live in the real world where you "take" something you might just get punched in the face for it. wrong or right. That is why we need the rules to be clear and not give people authority that are not trained to handle these situations. Are you really trying to say the teacher handled the situation as best as possible and this kid is a demon trapped in a 17yr old body? get real man

Finally! We agree. The rule was very clear. No cell phone or you lose it. I knew you would come around to my way of thinking. It's really the only logical thing to do.

And yes, I think the teacher handled the situation perfectly appropriately. And this is coming from a former 17 year old boy that had many things confiscated from him at school.

And, one last thing, TEACHERS ARE TRAINED ON HOW TO DEAL WITH THESE SITUATIONS. Teachers take workshops and classes on how to deal with abuse from students, especially high school teachers, because their students are as big, or bigger than them.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrown80 View Post
Finally! We agree. The rule was very clear. No cell phone or you lose it. I knew you would come around to my way of thinking. It's really the only logical thing to do.

And yes, I think the teacher handled the situation perfectly appropriately. And this is coming from a former 17 year old boy that had many things confiscated from him at school.
NEED CLEAR RULES ON WHAT TO DO WHEN A STUDENT HAS A ITEM IN CLASS. right now we just leave it up to the teacher on how they want to handle it. somebody mentioned the best way to handle it is ask the student to hand it over or take your item and this pink slip to the principle office. why she had to physically take the item is unexplainable and borderline theft.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:33 PM

15,269 posts, read 35,633,631 times
Quote:
sorry i live in the real world where you "take" something you might just get punched in the face for it. wrong or right. That is why we need the rules to be clear and not give people authority that are not trained to handle these situations.
LOL! For a second there, I thought this was the thread about drivers getting out of the left lane so someone speeding doesn't fly into road-rage and shoot them!

But, seriously, maybe the teacher shouldn't have 'snatched' it. In fact, probably shouldn't, but I sure don't know what happened in detail. On the other hand, no matter how inappropriate snatching it was ('borderline theft'), responding by grabbing the teacher ('borderline assault') is more inappropriate. They should have gone to the office or filed a police report, since it was taken by theft.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:38 PM

3,787 posts, read 6,999,707 times
Egads! I just want to be very clear that I do not condone the behavior of the student and I would, and do, support consequences for such behavior.

However, I still would not go with felony.

And I'm also of the belief a person can rear their child in what they consider the best possible way and that child will, and often does, exhibit behavior contrary to what they "learned".

The speeding car and guns are in the other thread TW...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin