Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 09:52 AM

226 posts, read 312,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx08 View Post
it's been months since the last post but how did you all do, did any of you get the job? What kinds of questions do they ask at the interview?

Went for the interview. Never got a call or a rejection letter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 12:28 PM

2 posts, read 2,354 times
Default HHSC - Interviewed and now have been waiting a month...

I realize these threads are a bit old, but I think my question fits pretty well here and I'm hoping someone will be able to give me some information. I applied for an Auditor job with HHSC on May 7th. I got called for an interview and the interview was on June 19th. I felt the interview went very well. I followed up with up with a thank you note as well.

On July 3, my current supervisor was called (by the manager who interviewed me) and asked for a reference on me which I'm 100% sure he gave me a good review.

On July 10th, I emailed the person I interviewed with and asked if anyone had been selected yet. I was emailed right back and told that no one had been selected yet and the process was frustrating to be sure.

It's now July 17th and I still haven't heard back. I was feeling pretty good after my references were checked, but now I'm not so sure how I should feel. The job portal "workbench" still shows the same status, "Application Complete," has been the same since I interviewed. I just cannot imagine why they would jeopardize my relationship with my current supervisor by calling for a job reference if they did not have good intentions to make an offer.

I am a current state employee for a different agency, and while the process with state jobs is usually long, I've never had one take this long. I check the mail everyday for a "thanks, but no thanks" letter. Nothing.

Does anyone have any insight on HHSC and their hiring process or why this might be taking so long?

Old 03-02-2015, 08:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,597 times
Default TxDOT Interview

Hi everyone, reviving an old thread. I was wondering if anyone's applied to TxDOT lately. I applied online, had an interview and was told I'd receive a response in 2 weeks. As of today it's been 5 weeks. Is this normal or should I not hold my breath? Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,425 times
Hi,

I was contacted by TxDPS via email, for an interview for the CSR position. I applied for this position on 5/30, and was emailed on 7/2 for an interview. I was given a number to call so my interview date could be set up. I will gladly post my experiences with you guys. My interview is in a week and half.

Old 07-03-2015, 01:04 PM

5,184 posts, read 7,276,599 times
Good luck!

Old 09-11-2017, 03:45 AM

21 posts, read 23,045 times
UPDATE in 2017: I was made aware of a state job that was opening up with the prison's months ago. A good friend talked me up to his bosses and I applied and was called back for an interview. Interview went well. They sent me out for a background check and a drug test, both of which came back with passing marks. Then Hurricane Harvey hits. A week later I call the office I interviewed at and the hiring manager told me I've got the job, I'm the one they want. She then said that they're waiting on HR to make a final decision about the salary they want to offer me. She said that they ought to hear back from HR within two days...that was 5 days ago. During the interview process she dis say that the state can be really slow at times. I'm getting anxious. I want to call her back and see whats up, however last time when she told me they're waiting on HR that the sec they hear from HR, they'll contact me.

Old 09-11-2017, 07:33 AM

1,073 posts, read 2,094,392 times
Congratulations! I've been with the state for 18 years, so yes, I've heard many stories from colleagues about their lengthy HR process. The good thing is, you're in. It's just a matter of time. Did you get on with TDCJ?

Old 09-12-2017, 10:38 AM

202 posts, read 352,551 times
I have an interview with the DFPS next week!!! So nervous!

Old 09-12-2017, 01:34 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,094,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiev111 View Post
I have an interview with the DFPS next week!!! So nervous!

A position with DFPS was my first state job. Do you know which location? I started at the 183/Cameron building, and we eventually moved our offices to Summit Drive - nice building. The office off Ridgepoint is really nice, as well.

Good luck! If you still have the job posting, make sure you study it and incorporate all the KSA's from the posting into your answers.

Old 09-12-2017, 05:00 PM

202 posts, read 352,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.JT View Post
A position with DFPS was my first state job. Do you know which location? I started at the 183/Cameron building, and we eventually moved our offices to Summit Drive - nice building. The office off Ridgepoint is really nice, as well.

Good luck! If you still have the job posting, make sure you study it and incorporate all the KSA's from the posting into your answers.
Sweet!!! This will be my first real job out of college (if I get it). It's at the Ridge point location! Thank you so much for the tip, I will definitely study the job posting! I went to school for sociology/criminology and I have lots of background working with kids/at risk youth, so Im hoping I can land the job!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin